Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting used to the longtubes and man I really like them - once the car is warmed up. The first few minutes starting cold are not good though - bucking and stalling have become common. Not a big deal really - just a nuisance requiring some pedal play to keep running for the first several minutes.

My question: Do longtubes cause a lean or rich condition and what has everyone done to correct this? I'm thinking I'll need to get a custom chip to address this. Anyone recommend a good mail order chip maker who has dealt with this before?

I'll probably wait until after I get 4:10's installed and get the speedo cal done at the same time. Can I also just skip the T/A and get my timing advance addressed with the chip - or would I be better off having the flexibility provided by the T/A?

I'm curious to hear what others have done.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Longtubes will make you run lean.
You can get a good mail order chip or use the MAFterburner.To make up the fuel.I get the same bucking\surge until i retuned my fuel.I was running 20% to lean on my long term fuel trim even at cruise.

Makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My car seems to be runnin really lean on the longtubes. I was told that the computer would learn the longtubes but its not happening. Im getting a custom tune quick. I fried the crap out of the plugs on the 125 shot.

·
Registered
729 Posts
my car is running fine with the LT's pulled the plugs after 500 and 1500 miles looked like new, but I have heard several people say that they have had white plugs (lean) after the install maybe I got lucky. I used Fordchip.com for mine and they changed the A/F and timing for me I will still get the T/A later so I can fine tune and they compensated for the gears also the chip is not in yet gears are being installed Monday will let you know how it is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts