Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long Tubes with a T-56?

Ok guys, I have decided to take the leap and get Longtubes (if possible). I had to get a custom H-pipe for my car with the shorties, so it wasn't dragging on the ground over any bumps when I installed the T-56.

I was wondering if anyone has installed Longtubes with this tranny, and if they have, could they bolt on a Shorty-H or did they have to have it custom made? Which brand did you use (headers and shorty pipe)?

So there may be a custom 2.5" H-pipe available for your T-56 install. ;)

Fill me in guys!!!

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but you can't use a h-pipe for shorty headers with long tubes. Anyways, if your not running catalytic converters then you should be fine. On my buddies 89 he runs BBK long tubes/BBK off-road h-pipe with no problems with the T-56. I will be installing a T-56 in about a month, and I will, probably, have to modify my h-pipe so I can move the catalytic converters back some to clear the transmission.

Troy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My father has a "shorty" h-pipe on his car with long tube headers, so I know it is possible, just not sure with a T-56....

Anybody????

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to D&D and they said some cutomers have done it, but not others, but most have clearance issues if they do not get a custom pipe......

More money to spend.....bummer

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Actually it wont be bad at all. Just order the headers and have a custom H-pipe made. Thats what I did and it only cost $50 and was better fitting than the POS BBK short h-pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts