Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. A buddy of mine picked up an 07 GT/CS a few months back. He wants to put headers on, and is leaning towards shorties. Iv always been told Long Tubes give you more power than then Shorties. Is this true? Can anyone give me some details on the differences and which is better logically?? He wants to know which he should buy, and Im not 100% sure if what I told him "Long Tubes are better" is the right way to put it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Long tubes will make more power than short tube headers. They're a little more difficult to install and require a new mid pipe but that's probably something he'd be replacing anyways so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
long tubes will make more power but are a pain in the ass to deal with, on installation and maintenance, like changing the started is about 4000 times harder. but they also are easier to get to stop leaking because the mid pipe is easier to get to..

my .02

·
Registered
24 Posts
LT's are defineately going to make more power.Tell him to only go with the shorties if he plans a turbo in the near future.LT's give 10-15hp on mild boltons(versus 3-4 with shorties) and more with cams or supercharger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts