Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the LMR 10-Holes?

I love the stock look and see they make a 15x9 and 15x7. They sell the 15x9 with 275/50R15 MT ET Street SS as a package.

I would like to know how the fit and finish is. Any pics other than the LMR red coupe?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
it's chineese reproduction junk just like everything else they sell, which is a shame as they used to sell decent quality products but in my opinion have drastically gone down in quality over the last 5 years or so.

if you love those wheels that much you can probably find them for free or close to it, and then have weldcraft widen or narrow them

or travel back to 2008 and buy these

·
Registered
813 Posts
it's chineese reproduction junk just like everything else they sell, which is a shame as they used to sell decent quality products but in my opinion have drastically gone down in quality over the last 5 years or so.

if you love those wheels that much you can probably find them for free or close to it, and then have weldcraft widen or narrow them

One issue I see is the cost of getting this done. I know Eric Vaughn charges $175+ per wheel to have them widened. That’s a tough pill to swallow for a 4 lug wheel if you’re asking me.

There are plenty of overseas made wheels floating around, and we’ve had many on the balancer here. Can’t say they’re any better or worse than oem castings.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My interest in the wheels are that I have a 1989 LX with a 500hp 408w under the stock hood. The car is a 10/10 exterior and interior. A 275 drag radial on new looking 10-holes would be perfect.

Yes I have a set of 10 holes I could send for modifications and have refinished bit would be double or triple the cost of the LMR wheels.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My interest in the wheels are that I have a 1989 LX with a 500hp 408w under the stock hood. The car is a 10/10 exterior and interior. A 275 drag radial on new looking 10-holes would be perfect.

Yes I have a set of 10 holes I could send for modifications and have refinished bit would be double or triple the cost of the LMR wheels.
What intake are you running to get that under a stock hood? Very interested in doing something similar. And what else did you do to get it under the hood?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What intake are you running to get that under a stock hood? Very interested in doing something similar. And what else did you do to get it under the hood?
Using the Edelbrock Victor EFI 5.8. They don't make it anymore. Also have the k-member spaced 2" from the frame.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
There are plenty of overseas made wheels floating around, and we’ve had many on the balancer here. Can’t say they’re any better or worse than oem castings.
Like almost every factory OEM aluminum wheel made. The "offshore" drum is broken....let's stop beating it so hard. Yeah some stuff is junk, but some stuff is just as good as if it were made here. "Offshore" manufacturers will only make product as nicely as the buyer is willing to pay for. If the buyer will pay bottom dollar, the "offshore" company will build accordingly. Same thing that happens here at home.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Have you seen them in person?
because somehow seeing them will tell you what exactly :unsure:

Like almost every factory OEM aluminum wheel made. The "offshore" drum is broken....let's stop beating it so hard. Yeah some stuff is junk, but some stuff is just as good as if it were made here. "Offshore" manufacturers will only make product as nicely as the buyer is willing to pay for. If the buyer will pay bottom dollar, the "offshore" company will build accordingly. Same thing that happens here at home.
you're comparing...

OEM wheel made by a QUALIFIED supplier to the OEM

vs

reproduction aka knock-off wheel market

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
you're comparing...

vs

No you missed what I'm saying. I am saying that claiming these wheels (or any other product) bad automatically because of its production source (China in this case) is dumb. And shortsighted. And we should stop making such foolish blanket statements when it's obvious that the "offshore" manufacturers can make quality products when pressed and paid to do so. Our own cheapness is what drives the crap products out of markets other than our own US markets. Though we can also produce supremely cheap junk here as well.

Obviously the knock-off makers are going to make cheap copies. That's their goal and they score easily. But we are to blame for allowing it by demanding prices too cheap to deliver quality parts. And then we complain whn they don't last like the quality part we replaced or were to cheap to buy on the front end.

·
Registered
813 Posts

you're comparing...

vs

Appearance is usually one of the criteria for judging quality of a wheel. If it looks good and it balances then what’s the problem?

There are countries other than here which possess the ability to manufacture quality goods. Just because something is a reproduction doesn’t mean it’s automatically ****. Lmr has a pretty good reputation. If the wheel is total garbage I’m betting they wouldn’t sell it.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
No you missed what I'm saying. I am saying that claiming these wheels (or any other product) bad automatically because of its production source (China in this case) is dumb. And shortsighted. And we should stop making such foolish blanket statements when it's obvious that the "offshore" manufacturers can make quality products when pressed and paid to do so. Our own cheapness is what drives the crap products out of markets other than our own US markets. Though we can also produce supremely cheap junk here as well.

Obviously the knock-off makers are going to make cheap copies. That's their goal and they score easily. But we are to blame for allowing it by demanding prices too cheap to deliver quality parts. And then we complain whn they don't last like the quality part we replaced or were to cheap to buy on the front end.
never said that just cause its made overseas that its junk... my focus is on the repro / knock-off level and not oem level. and agree with what you wrote above :cool:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
never said that just cause its made overseas that its junk... my focus is on the repro / knock-off level and not oem level. and agree with what you wrote above :cool:
Forgive me if you thought I was speaking to you specifically. Not my intention. I was speaking more to "us", consumers, in general terms.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because the question that started the thread was "how is the fit and finish"..... If the sliver color is way off or if the 10 actual holes are different sizes...........

Go complain about china products in a different thread. I don't live in the USA and could care less where something is made.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

^

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just saw these on LMR a few days ago and am looking forward to seeing some pictures out "in the wild".

A couple friends have very stock looking cars with some surprising power hidden under a stock hood and these would complete the sleeper look but allow some bigger tire options. It would be cool if the did a matching 15x4 too.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I don't see them doing 4" wheels. That would be a "racing" wheel and bring on a whole liability thing they likely don't want. Ever wheel I've had pass through my hands that was less than 4.5" wide has had a "racing use only" sticker inside the bead on the rim.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see them doing 4" wheels. That would be a "racing" wheel and bring on a whole liability thing they likely don't want. Ever wheel I've had pass through my hands that was less than 4.5" wide has had a "racing use only" sticker inside the bead on the rim.
What about the weld 4" race only wheels, MT race on slicks, and countless other race only, off road products.........

·
Registered
2,759 Posts

Is that 500 flywheel? all I could muster with that intake was 470 wheel and 490tq

1 - 20 of 22 Posts