Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I'm not arguing that one way or another. I'm just stating that it's trusted at the highest level of competitive racing.
Only Firecore and MSD are used.

Any guess as to why out of all the wire companies out there only these two being used?
My guess is because they’re the companies spending half of their entire annual profits on Marketing and Advertising. The reason you just gave is exactly what they want. People to go “Oh, well THEY use it, so it must be good!” And then people go buy that because “they use it.”

Just a guess, Im pretty sure thats the entire purpose of a sponsorship. They may not be the best, but just enough to get the job done. I mean thats literally what happens when you sign up for a sponsorship, you’re telling that Company “If you sponsor me, your sales numbers will go up.”

·
Premium Member
3,105 Posts
I watch NHRA Drag Racing and when I see Ron Capps or some other "name" TF or FC driver in a E3 spark plug commercial and claim that they use those plugs in their "racecar" I just laugh. There is no way in hell those plugs are in a 10,000+ HP fuel car. They might be in their COPO Camaro or Drag Pack Mopar but they sure as hell ain't in "their" racecar that everyone thinks of when they open their mouth.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I've had a set of the LiveWires on my daily driver for three maybe for years now and zero issues other than being dirty. I decided to try these rather than the Taylor wires because on my GMC the Taylors didn't hold up to the heat too long and went through countless sets

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
I watch NHRA Drag Racing and when I see Ron Capps or some other "name" TF or FC driver in a E3 spark plug commercial and claim that they use those plugs in their "racecar" I just laugh. There is no way in hell those plugs are in a 10,000+ HP fuel car. They might be in their COPO Camaro or Drag Pack Mopar but they sure as hell ain't in "their" racecar that everyone thinks of when they open their mouth.
Sure they are. In a box in the glovebox.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
304 Posts
They're too fat for my wire looms with that added sleeve. I doubt make a set to fit my 351w with small cap rotated one location due to distributor interference with intake.
You need custom “chipmunk proof” wire set. 😆

·
Registered
'87 Cougah 428W - ⚡Cougar7.0⚡
5,223 Posts
You need custom “chipmunk proof” wire set. 😆
I was glad there aren't many wires (of any type) in the area they built their nest. :mad:

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd like to chime in on this, in the years that I've played with fords for more than daily drivers, everyone making power swears on oem ford ignition stuff or msd stuff, granted the other stuff works fine for daily driver status but when you're tying to make as much power as you can the ford and msd stuff is what I was always taught to go with as they perform the best and last the longest, that was back when I played with distributor driven fords though.

But for what it's worth I have original ford coil packs on my 4.6 ford that have a 91 or 92 year part number, I know if ford didn't change anything then they didn't change the parts or part numbers but these coils came off of a 94 crown vic I had bought for the motor about 6 ish years ago.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,548 Posts
Ed brought up some great points. Keep in mind that all silicones break down around 600F as I recall from my work 20yrs ago. I doubt the material chemistry has improved much since then but I could be wrong.

Perhaps the glass braid around some of these new wires helps in protecting the silicone from header heat. That could have value provided they meet the points Ed mentioned.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts