Ford Mustang Forums banner

lincoln engine specifics?

344 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mensan 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get information on the lincoln LS V8 engines. I know they're smaller in displacement than the 4.6's but that's about all I know. If anyone knows anything about them or can tell me where to go to find anything about them I'd really appreciate it. Also on the Jaguar XKR and XJR engines.

Thank you

Justin

#3 ·
???

Do you know any more about it. Is the block the same as the 4.6 dohc block that's in my mark viii or is the deck height/over all height or other sizes of the block different? I'm just interested in learning more about them. Also the Jaguar blocks, from what I've heard, are very similar to the Ford blocks. However, I don't know where I could find out more about the two.

#5 ·
the engine casting is completely different. the 3.9 is made in the lima plant....the 4.0/4.2 jaguar version is made in england. it started as a jaguar-only design, called the AJV8.

blue oval news used to have a very nice pictorial on it, i don't know if it's still in their archives or not. it's pretty interesting, and it's apparently very compact.....i'm sure at one time or another ford probably considered it for the mustang, but we all know how most mustang owners feel about displacement!

#6 · (Edited)
???

Teksid block? Don't think I've heard that term before. Does anyone know what kind of differences there are between the two blocks. Does anyone know if they are much more efficient than the 4.6's or is the fuel mileage about the same? I'm sure it would depend largly on gearing and the like. Also don't the LS's have a 5 spd automatic. Do any of you know anything about them? Thanks for the information.

justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.