Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slapping some gt 40 p on my budget build turbo build .What head gaskets are you guys runing cometic or Felpro 9333 s or something else ?Maybe there is something new ?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
9333’s

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Scratch that. Just noticed you’re going turbo. Can’t go wrong with the 9333’s, but id personally use the Cometic MLS on boosted stuff.

·
Vendor
11,997 Posts
If the surface of the head and the deck on this budget job is rough, use the 9333. I have a customer that makes just shy of 800 with a turbo using 9333, they last about 1.5 years before he has to change them

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great information ya there gt40 p heads and a 91 block so probably a little duffer than some new heads and block I will be bringing them in to have the heads decked but still.so that whould make sence this is why I allways as ? Alot of knowledge on this site and great vendors that share input .

·
Registered
698 Posts
Im also running 9333s. I spray a couple coats of copper gasket spray on them and they have yet to fail me.. Ive run them in all of my turbo builds.. As long as your tune is good and you have good studs/bolts they should hold

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip I will do that waiting till November to RIP into it so I will do that! Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts