Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see some of how you guys have your blower set ups and how you have your piping. I am not using a power pipe and have blown couplers off recently. I am running 14 LBS and think its time to do a one piece power pipe. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Are you sure your bypass is working properly??? I am running 15-17psi on my 96 cobra using standard hose clamps and never blew my discharge pipe off....

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
this setup works way better than the stock vortech bypass....it comes with a bigger discharge pipe its like for a ysi with the mount for bypass already on it and the intake side is (the 90 elbow)aluminum one with the bung in it and the bigger vortech bypass......gauging by the size of that top pulley might want to consider bigger bypass valve than the stocker!another easy way to tell if the belts are tearing sections of ribs off them!

·
Registered
311 Posts
this setup works way better than the stock vortech bypass....it comes with a bigger discharge pipe its like for a ysi with the mount for bypass already on it and the intake side is (the 90 elbow)aluminum one with the bung in it and the bigger vortech bypass......gauging by the size of that top pulley might want to consider bigger bypass valve than the stocker!another easy way to tell if the belts are tearing sections of ribs off them!
Is the discharge tube and intake elbow you are using from a vortech kit? That looks really nice and I would like to have a set up like that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would post a picture of mine but it looks like crap. I tapped into the plastic discharge tube that comes with the a-trim. It works but looks terible lol.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is the discharge tube and intake elbow you are using from a vortech kit? That looks really nice and I would like to have a set up like that.
there are 2 differnt bypass valves you dont have 2 use the mondo you can use the race onehttp://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=129
this is the bypass i used it mount to the same discharge
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=25

the 90 degree aluminum for intake side of blower to powerpipe is a vortech #73400-000

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Older pics, but I use the renegade elbow as well....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts