Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new shifter knob to go with my tri-ax, and I know a lot of other people do too. So, if you have pics of your aftermarket shifter knob - post them up!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey man,

I don't have any pics with it on but a chrome B&M shift knob looks great. Its got finger slots formed into it so you can grip it. I tilt my B&M about a quarter turn counter clockwise from the straight position and then I use an under hand grip. I like how it feels when I shift.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
You should try FatKnobs! I LOVE mine!!! Doesn't get skin-burning hot in the summer like those aluminum ones, nor does it get freezing cold in the winter. I've tried some of the other knobs and they're great show pieces but the Fat Knob has a FANTASTIC smooth feel to it and a great weight that makes banging gears a joy.

Check out my review in the corral.net Tech Section:
http://www.corral.net/tech/interior/fatknobs/fatknobs.html

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
FadeToBlack said:
I need a new shifter knob to go with my tri-ax, and I know a lot of other people do too. So, if you have pics of your aftermarket shifter knob - post them up!
My brother and I are making a batch of T-handle shifters for our cars. Email me if interested and I will shoot you some pics when I get the proto type done(few days). If you like it then I can sell you one much cheaper than you will get most others for. Later Ron

·
Registered
603 Posts

This is what mine looks like.. I don't have any pictures of it in the car but it's pretty cool I think..

Just different.. That's what I was going for..

Later,
JK

·
Registered
194 Posts
BlackDemonGT said:
CLICK ME!!!

Mine is the one on the left!! :) It works REALLY well for racing because of the GRIPPER part and looks BADA$$ IMO!! :cool:
I have to agree with him!! I have my shifter from MGW as well ( of course I have the Cobra one). LOVE IT and George (MGW President/owner) stands by his product 100% A great guy all around and have not ever heard a bad thing about his products. If there is a problem he fixes it. Plus I already have one FATKNOB :D You can read about MY review in last months issue of Penthouse.. lol

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Here's my billet Steeda shiftknob. I like it pretty well. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
FadeToBlack said:
Fadetoblack...check your PM's...i have one for sale.
John

·
Registered
107 Posts
BlackDemonGT - YOURS IS THE COBRA ONE "IDIOT"...heh just messin bro.

I'll agree with him and 99cobra...I have the GT in satin...looks great, just ran it at the track today and it feels awesome...I recommend it much more over those "balls"...I just have a feeling one of those days, your hand will slip from those ball-like shifters...probably when you REALLY don't want it to...go with the MGW Gripper...different choices...but since you have a GT, i'd choose that (well...if i didn't have one already)

Kevin

·
Registered
827 Posts
MGW here as well...great stuff and excellent service.

Actually, MGW makes the Steeda pieces as well...they are just coloured.
~Darren

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nice. Lots of different knobs out there I see. MGW looks like a winner so far.

COBRA90GT - The stock knob fits, I just want a better one. I don't really like the stock one very much.

JKCOBRA98 - Where did you get that flame knob? Does it really light up? :lol:

Keep the pics rolling! -I know someone out there's got a skull.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have my white with amber flameball knob on the way. They sell so many different and unique types. They sell the exact same knobs as fatknobs too, but have them in colors, for less than half the price.

www.flameball.com

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
FadeToBlack said:
Keep the pics rolling! -I know someone out there's got a skull.
I used to have a skull shifter but they suck gripping-wise! I love the looks of them, but mine was too big and a little of an inconvienence, so off it went. I ended up getting the B&M T-handle shifter knob.

·
Registered
603 Posts
It does in fact light up!

Yes, this actually lights up..

I like it, as this is the only one I have seen around that is not in every other mustang I see..

www.flameball.com as mentioned above.

Hope yopu enjoy the MGW stuff.

Later,
JK

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those Flameball knobs are -- interesting.

Does anybody have a pic of one in a Mustang, lit up? Seems it would be distracting. How's the grip?

Chris

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.