Ford Mustang Forums banner

Lets not forget about that vortech tensioner piece...

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  interlord 
#1 ·
It appears the thread was lost..

Im still waiting and very interested..

post pics, prices, ordering info.. whatever... but lets make it snappy! :D

Adam

#5 ·
snap my neck? ok slappy..

Are you saying vortech makes this part now too?

Cause I was not aware of that nor do I see it on the site.

#8 ·
It's not that we need help, we just need nate (I think that was his user name?) to get some of his tensioners made :p

#13 ·
I gave up waiting and have the machinist that made my shifter plate

make up a handfull as cheap as possible-->> should have pics posted by beginning of next week >>>>

#14 ·
Pa-Performance has let me know a few weeks ago that they have been adding the finishing touches to their adjuster. Should be for sale in a few weeks. It won't be as cheap as a home made but after seeing the polished prototype its sweet! Either way they said it will be much cheaper than AFM and comes polished standard. I should be getting one soon from them. One of the first. I will let everyone know! I can't wait either!

Dave

#16 ·
Ok, I've gotten 5 tensioners together...I did my best to polish them. I didn't do the bottoms as they won't be seen. This is not a professional polish, but I think they came out pretty good. Check out the pictures, and let me know if you are interested. I haven't figured out what packaging and shipping is going to be, but it will be actual cost. The tensioner and hardware will be $45 + whatever packing and shipping comes out to.

Don (interlor@comcast.net)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/interlor/vortech_tensioner3.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/interlor/vortech_tensioner2.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/interlor/vortech_tensioner1.jpg

#17 ·
hmm, looks ALOT like the one i made a few months ago, and posted pics of... 45 bucks.. comon now! they arent that hard to make. If it was me i wouldnt charge more then $20 for em.. They are VERY cheap to make, and take no time to make or to polish. They are handy though, i love mine. Charge $20 and u will sell some.

#18 ·
poostang said:
hmm, looks ALOT like the one i made a few months ago, and posted pics of... 45 bucks.. comon now! they arent that hard to make. If it was me i wouldnt charge more then $20 for em.. They are VERY cheap to make, and take no time to make or to polish. They are handy though, i love mine. Charge $20 and u will sell some.

I realize it's not the cost of the materials...but it does take time. Atleast it took me time, maybe because I didn't have the right materials to polish quickly. I made due with what I had. It took me some time to actually smooth out the metal and bring it to a shine. Nate79 was talking 20 bux for what he was working on, and to be honest, it would have been a lot easier and less time consuming to make one like he did. I think it is reasonable, if you don't, that's your opinion. The only reason I even decided to do this was because others were quick to say they would make them, and then never did. Rather than say I would, I didn't say anything till I knew I would be able to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.