Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Lentech Street Terminator for my AOD, is this install a tough job? I've never really messed with the tranny yet, but I want to start. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had someone do mine for me because I bought a converter also. So I didnt want to fool with a heavy tranny. Lazy me. Just a VB change shouldnt be too hard. The most critical part I would assume would be the hole you have to put in the trans case to bring out the wire for the solenoid to operate the OD delete. Just follow the directions that they give you and you should be OK.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Messy, not hard. you will need a torque wrench that is in in/oz instead of ft/lbs. Took me about 2 hours.

--ray

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Quick and dirty:

Remove pan
Remove filter
Remove all the bolts holding the VB on
Drop the old VB (lots of fluid)
Install the new VB with the same bolts, torque the VB down.
Install filter
Drill hole for O/D delete switch
Install pan (I recommend you install a drain plug before you install the pan again)

I also HIGHLY recommend you buy the O/D switch installation package, this will ensure proper operation and no leaks!

I can do them in about 20-30 minutes now (I have done a few :D) but it will take you no more then three hours.

Go for it!

Ian

·
Registered
185 Posts
88COBRA -
What is the O/D switch installation package ? Does this come from Lentech or is it an aftermarket thing of some sort ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Ian, I'll check it out. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,843 Posts
raynist said:
Messy, not hard.
--ray
What he said :D

Be careful when that pan pops off :eek: BTW, that's not engine oil, that's tranny fluid :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.