Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since about a week ago i noticed my brake light stay on and come on during braking so i check the fluid level... BONE dry!! wtf ok maybe its burning so i refill it, lights out 2 days later its all gone again... what can i check besides a leak in the line could the caliper itself be leaking im not really sure where to start if anyone can help it would be much appreciated...

Mike

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't know if you've done anything to the brakes, so this is a shot in the dark.

Check where the line meets the caliper. While you're looking at it, have someone press the brake pedal. After I swapped to dual piston calipers, I had a persitent leak there. It was quite the PITA to fix. Just a thought.

Tim

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure how the stang varies from the t-bird on brake system, but about 18 mo ago I had a similar problem on my car. The distribution manifold/proportioning valve had cracked, and it was slowly seeping out. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm

only thing i did with brakes was remove them and set them aside when i removed the k-member for the long tube header install i didnt do anything that would cause a leak but ill start by looking there..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If it's not one thing it's another. You, Dave, and I should all by Hondas........did I just say that? :eek:

Did you twist the brakes out of the way? or remove them from the car?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm

I just noticed a wet spot under the rear right of my car and the right muffler is wet als, so im guessing this is brake fluid... any one have any advice on what i should do...

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts