Ford Mustang Forums banner

LC1 Wiring

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TT460 
#1 ·
I was given this LC1 for free. It was used previously so I don't have the instructions it came with. I have found the instructions online but I have a few question.

This is pretty much what it says to do:

-RED wire to a switched 12V source. Fused with minimum fuse size of 5A.

-The BLUE and WHITE are grounded together to a solid ground source. Battery ground (-) post is best.
* If the LC-1 has 7 stripped, connect the additional green wire to the. Same ground source as the blue and white wires.

- To AEM: YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be connected to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers, ECUs, or gauges. If either one or
both of these wires are not being used, isolate and tape the wire(s) out of the way.

-Connect the LED and momentary pushbutton between the LC-1’s BLACK calibration wire and ground. Connect the red wire (Anode) of the included LED AND one side of the push button to the calibration wire (black) of the LC-1. Connect the black wire (Cathode) of the LED AND the other side of the push button to ground (preferably to the same ground point as the blue and white wires.) Refer to the schematic below.

My questions are, which one of the analog wires do I hook to the AEM? And which pin does it go to on the AEM?

The other question has to do with the last step. Why would I need an LED and momentary pushbutton? I have never seen this in any of the other wideband I have used. What is this for and is it needed?

See less See more
#2 ·
My questions are, which one of the analog wires do I hook to the AEM? And which pin does it go to on the AEM?

The other question has to do with the last step. Why would I need an LED and momentary pushbutton? I have never seen this in any of the other wideband I have used. What is this for and is it needed?
AEM Inputs table is in the AEM documentation here: http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/0/017/017-30-1400.pdf
Looks like pins 29 & 43 are where you would want to put the outputs from the LC-1 (assuming you're using a 30-1400 box).

As for the pushbutton and LED, the LC-1 is an older wideband driver. The older ones had manual calibration processes that you had to follow and I'm sure that this is what purpose the LED and pushbutton serve. Newer wideband drivers are self calibrating.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.