Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the dumbest thing I have posted in this board. Has anyone done this with a 5 speed.

If you have read any of my posts I have had the worst time launching my car. Is a turbo and I have noticed that my best runs have been when the car has boged off the line. If it doesn't bog and I leave at 1500-1700rpm and floor it and boost comes in I pretty much blast the tires away. My best 60 foot times are nothing lower than a 2.1.

Is it even possible?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I tried it a looong time ago and smoked the clutch. Technically I didn't smoke it b/c it was a full bronze puck clutch but it didn't hold at all. There just wasn't enough holding power for 2nd gear launches.

ks

·
Registered
135 Posts
try a better tire and better suspension. i had a fwd turbo car that made good numbers and i had to learn about throttle control. i got it down to a science where i was pumping rwd cars out of the hole, vettes, stangs, f bodies. if i didnt pump them id hang them from a dig and thats all on a steet tire. so practice thottle control. or get a boost controller, launch the car on a low boost setting, hit second gear and switch over to a higher setting.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I still have to tinker with my suspension. It is still new to me since it is full coil overs. I think the front of the car is tilted too much down.

Another thing is when the boost comes on in first gear is when I waste a lot of time. It literally seems like I sit there for a second until I shift to second.

Tire wise I switched from Nittos to Mickeys. Didn't do a whole lot. I even played with the tire pres a whole lot. I noticed a big difference when I have 21psi on the right and 18psi on the left.

I think it is just me. I can't stop my foot from slamming the gas on the launch...:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts