Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it best to feather the clutch or just dump it?

About what RPM should I launch at? I know there is a fine line between bogging and spinning, but I have never launched in the "groove" let alone on sticky tires.

Need some help as my Street Tire 60ft times are 2.36sec!! :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is MY personal experience, limited as it may be -I only took 2 trips down the track after getting my Nitto Dr's. First pass I launched at 1800 RPM and bogged pretty bad. I also had my brother in the car, he wanted to see if it would ne something he would like to try in his C-5- he is coming out next time I go, I'm SURE I'll get spanked. I LOVED the way the tires sounded though, kinda like someone ripping a cloth, sticky! Second time I got up there, I didnt heat the the tires as much as I would have liked and launched at 2600 and spun like a b!itch. So basically all I can say is heat em up, air em down to about 18 pounds, air up the fronts and work it in 200 RPM incremants from 1500 till you loose tha bog an spin just a tad. Sorry I was no real help!!! I get to try again in June as that is when California Speedway opens up the 1/4 mile again, though it'll be hot as hell :mad:

A
BTW, I feathered it on the 1800RPM getting traction and feeling cocky I then dumped it on the 2600 FWIW, YMMV and all that other shtuff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts