Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 mustang gt. Just swapped in an 04 explorer 4.6. Started up but very rough idle. Checked engine codes, turns out cylinders 4, 5, 6, and 8 are not firing which also happen to be the last 4 in the firing order. Double checked this with noid lights and the lights don't work with any of those cylinders but do work with the other cylinders. Checked voltage of misfiring cylinders and they do receive the 12 volts thus im thinking it has to do with the pcm not sending the ground signal to those cylinders. Hoping not to need a new pcm but at a loss on what to do next so any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you have power at the injectors and the noid lights arent working then its not getting a ground signal at the injectors. Did you keep the stock mustang ecu and wiring harness? If so, any chance you damaged the wiring harness or left something unplugged? You can verify if the signal exists at the ecu with an led test light typically. In some cases a regular incandescent test light wont light because of how short of a pulse is being sent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir for the reply sir, but just as luck would have it, I found the solution shortly after posting. Funny how that works haha. After researching some wiring diagrams, I found that the four coil plugs connect through the same connector down below the air intake. I took the connector apart and sprayed it with some electronic cleaner and brushed the corrosion off the pins. Squeezed it back together and fired it up, sure enough all cylinders were firing again. 😎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts