Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
GR2s are GREAT!!!!.......but, I'll only recommend them if you've got stock springs, and you aren't total performance oriented with your driving.

Seriously though, they aren't bad at all if you've got stock springs, but they aren't good at all with a stiff lowering spring. A lot of people will tell you that they're crap. Yeah, they're crap if you autocross every weekend, but they're a good, cheap replacement for a daily driver.

They are cheap.....thats why I bought my set, next time I'll step and get something better.

C. Focker

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
The aren't even necessarily crap if you autocross every weekend (I drove a decently-prepped ESP class driver nuts with mine)...IF you're using them on stock springs and IF you don't expect them to live forever.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,
actually no I was going to use them with my Intrax lowering springs (which I must say ARE kinda crap) and then I was eventually considering going with coil overs (mainly for the ride hight adjustability).

MFE, you're into the autocross thing.
I would like to start making my car handle better.
Do you have any suggestions for shocks/struts (I believe Fox's have struts right?) for a budget minded guy who will probably never autocross his car but does like to drive it hard through corners?
I would give up ride comfort for handling (heck the thing rides like crap now and I'm used to that).

Are you into coilovers?
If so, what coilover/CC plate combo would you suggest?

If not, which springs?

I know, allot of questions.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
I'll get back when I can think more clearly but there is a ton available on a search

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
I'm not "into" coilovers at this time but they have their benefits. Not sure I'd bother with them on a street driver but on the other hand you have a safety net of being able to easily and relatively cheaply change spring rates if you get them wrong, which is more than you can say about the conventional style.

Ideally you want it a *little* lower (less than an inch lower), a little stiffer, and well controlled with good struts and shocks. The Bullitt package makes a lot od people happy this way but there are many other possibilities. Stick with decent/great struts like Tokico blues, Tokico adjustables, or Bilsteins and you'll be well on your way to comfort AND performance.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,
Right now the cat is *allot* lower and allot stiffer. It corners good as long as there is no bump half way through the turn (ah the perfect world).
I'll check out the struts mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts