Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My Kooks headers and X-pipe arrived yesterday.

I received lots of e-mails asking about Kooks headers, so I thought I would make a thread to save on typing :)

Special thanks to Nick @ Kooks and Kirk @ Y3K Performance Parts for the awesome parts and service.

You can see Kirk's website here: http://93cobra.corral.net/catalog.html He is a dealer for a few parts and companies. Great service, could not have been better.

They are 1 7/8 to 3" slip fit race, O2 bungs installed, stainless steel. The x-pipe is their 3" monster slip fit to a 3" ball and socket.

The headers look amazing, the pictures do not show the awesome quality of these headers. The welds are perfect and seamless. If they fit as well as they look I will be VERY pleased.

Now the F.A.Q:

How much do Kooks headers cost?

It depends on the size of the tubing, the finish, and what you want installed - best to e-mail Kirk and get pricing.

How long does it take from order to ship?

They tell you 2 weeks, I had mine in about 1, I was happy :)

Are these really made for your car?

When you order a set of Kooks they ask you many questions. These include what heads, k-member, engine, displacement, and options. They will then make a header for your specific car that should drop in and perform to perfection.

If you have any more questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer :)

The pics:

Again special thanks to:

Kirk @ Y3K Performance Parts and Nick @ Kooks

Ian

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Ian, looks good. What heads are you running, and do you use an adapter plate for those headers, or do they bolt right up to the head? Just curious, I was thinking of Kooks, but heard they all use that plate, and I dont like that idea. Thanks-Dan

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

At this point I do not think so. I may polish them a little bit.

Ian

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
looks good i got a set of 1 3/4 ...had them made in stainless..i also got a 3" kooks x-pipe...if they fit as good as they look it will money well spent.....i take it you also got stainless

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep stainless.

I am with you, if they fit as well as they look, I will be very pleased.

Ian

·
Registered
198 Posts
BadAss88GT said:
Ian, looks good. What heads are you running, and do you use an adapter plate for those headers, or do they bolt right up to the head? Just curious, I was thinking of Kooks, but heard they all use that plate, and I dont like that idea. Thanks-Dan
Dan,
On some heads there is no way the headers could bolt up without some major indentions. After seeing for myself how they worked, I no longer have a problem with using adaptor plates.

Thanks,
Kirk

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey Ian do u mind if I ask you what this setup cost you?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure:

$590 mild steel
$845 stainless
$815 coated

X-pipes
$225 3"
$255 3 1/2"

All prices are from Kirk @ Y3K.

Ian

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ian,

Those headers are nice...like mine except I have 2" primary and 3.5" collectors.

Mr. Kook and the rest of his gang is great to deal with...

However, one disappointment note: A hammer was needed to make thing fit...of course my car was a 94 with a 351W stroker so that doesn't simplify thing any.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
mmmmmm, Pretty :)

Kyle

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hey Ian, nice headers. PM or email me I have a idea that might intrest you.

Later, Greg(XSR)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I like the price on the X pipe, I may run that with the coated Hooker 2" swap headers. 1200 bucks (CDN) is a lot of hay for some headers. The Hookers will come in about $950 CDN.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Nathan, I have a buddy selling a set of the 2" ceramic coated headers for $500. They are in great shape, and cost $750+. Let me know if you are intrested.

Later, Greg(XSR)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts