Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I received these wonderful headers I've heard so much about. I guess whoever Kook is can only do what he is told though huh?

First. Raceparts obviously didn't listen to a word I said. I said I wanted ball collectors and 4 o2 sensor bungs. I planned to use 2 for reg o2 sensors and 2 for widebands. What did I get for $700?

Straight flanges (is this a ball?? or same as I didn't think so...also this 3" flange is really 2.875", actually SMALLER than my MAC 1 3/4" LT at 2.905"), 2-TWO o2 sensors on the OUTSIDE of the collector towards the front, and a box labeled Kooks 1-7/8 for Canfields. 2 gaskets that don't fit the header or head I have. I told them AFRs Does anyone know the exhaust port height of a Canfield head? The AFR205 is raised about 1/8".

If these headers fit, I'll eat my words, but I am totally P/O and will NEVER order from these people again. For $700 I expected at minimum all 4 o2 sensors.

Now for the tech part of this email. Does anyone have a photo of the Kook header on a 351W + AFR205 heads? It looks like I am going to have to beat the living crap out of the passenger side and I'm not sure if the driver's side will fit at all. It appears like the steering shaft should pass though the header, but it hard to tell the way they are made.

One more thing, they don't look like stainless steel, more like Midas tin.

Please someone tell me their headers at least fit.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Call them up and get a return authorization. You paid good money, and they didn't deliver. Do not try to install them, if you do they can refuse to take them back. Give them a chance to get it right and if they can't, get a refund. There are plenty of other places that sell custom headers, www.burnsstainless.com for one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.