Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey, pimp that Pro-M as much as you want kjb302ho, we got one for my dads first build and it was worth every penny ( I say that like im the one that spent the money). We're probably makin like half the hp you're makin but our combo fired right up on the first try, we haven't had to do any tuning at all, lil hot H/C/I engine idles real nice and steady, its a fullproof system.

I gotta say, for the person that doesn't know much about engine management systems or engine tuning or where to look for a tuner or wants stock drivability, I can't recommend the Pro-M system enough. It can run e85, meth, has nitrous control, launch control, traction control, a Check Engine light, its OBD2, it can run COP, it has e-fan control, it has a MAP sensor for boosted cars, it deletes the TFI module, the MAF can support 2000hp and the ECU can support 2 MAFs. There's levels to every game and Pro-M is at the top of the standalone engine management for Fords.

Maybe the tuning hierarchy is something like:
-Manual timing adjustments on the distributor & fuel pressure adjustment at the FPR with an AFR gauge
-tWeecer
-Moates Quarterhorse or SCT Chip
-Anderson PMS or Microsquirt
-MS3 PNP or PIMPXS
-Holley EFI
-Pro-M

That being said imma get a HOLLEY EFI system for my racecar. Sorry kjb302ho.

·
Registered
626 Posts
box stock pro m tune. no changes to spark or fuel tables. proof in the pudding. tastes so good!

belt slip at 5800. gatorback pos belt.

mustang dyno.

no tuning knowledge needed. ac works great. not one trip for a consultation from a tooner.
I dont get it, my car made 125rwhp than yours with only 1# more boost. What am I missing here? Whats your compression?

·
Registered
626 Posts
It's not difficult to take a pic. ;)

645 is a nice number but that number can be reached with any tuning option including the factory EEC and a chip. No? You always write it up as if the Pro-M is the only stand alone that can provide that number. As a matter of fact; that number and much more can be reached with a carburetor! Now if you you want more out of your car; you can take it to a dyno or the track and adjust fueling and timing like the rest of us. No?
My car made 776rwhp with right under 16psi, I run HolleyEFI. I should also mention I have 45cu/in less as well.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I dont get it, my car made 125rwhp than yours with only 1# more boost. What am I missing here? Whats your compression?
10:1.
different cars different engines different everything. apples to oranges comparison.

this is with the tables that the pro m comes with. i have absolutely no idea what or where the timing was or is. can i get more out of it with a better thought out combo and putting some timing and e85 in it? probably. probably be close to where you're at. but i choose not to. car is fine where it's at.

you have had to put a lot of time into your setup. I can appreciate that. nice work.

·
Registered
626 Posts
10:1.
different cars different engines different everything. apples to oranges comparison.

this is with the tables that the pro m comes with. i have absolutely no idea what or where the timing was or is. can i get more out of it with a better thought out combo and putting some timing and e85 in it? probably. probably be close to where you're at. but i choose not to. car is fine where it's at.

you have had to put a lot of time into your setup. I can appreciate that. nice work.
Im not saying there is anything wrong with what you have but I just dont understand how there is such a massive difference. I have less cubes, less compression and only 1# more boost than you do. I also run 93 pump snd my timing is very conservative 17 degrees total up top, AFR is 11.4 WOT. If you would of told me your setup without dyno numbers I would of for sure thought you would make more than me at the same boost. There has to be something way different Im not catching.

I also put no time into the tune where I run 16psi, I typically am running a 21psi or 24psi pulley on my car, thats where Ive done most of the tuning work honestly. Either way Im sure its a blast to drive!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dyno's are funky... I only made 533 with over 20#s.

What's your trap speeds though??
Ive only gone on my street tires since I couldnt get rims last year for my drag setup. With tires that have absolutely no traction, and I mean 0 in first, I short shifted, feathered throttle in second and then finally got into 3rd where it will hold decently its best trap was 143mph. But the car freight trains the big end once it gets traction, I dont think with the setup this year (drag wheels/tires) and the hitmaster I just added to control the hit so I can actually leave with some rpm and get some whee speed, it should easily trap 150. I have roll raced several low 9 second cars that trap 150+ and they dont beat me.

For reference my car only trapped 103 in the 1/8th, to give you an idea of once traction is there it rolls out. The car weighs about 3700 with me in it.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
386 Posts
Can I bust into thread and share a pic of my car?
I’ll try not to pimp the pro m system out too much lol.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

I got Covid three days ago with very mild symptoms so great chance to work on it.
Just finished with fuel system today.

Can’t wait to fire it up.
Fresh dart block
I’ll have to change my displacement, adjust injector low slope and calibrate wide bands on the pro m system
I do see 8” crank pulley in my future
Can’t wait to mess with all the fun stuff like traction control, 2step, launch assist and no lift shift features.
All in hopes of getting consistent launches with my et street R’s
Oh. I did install tilton clutch flow control valve to soften the hit.
Don’t judge too harshly, harness is loosely laid into place and I’ve still got interior, water meth kit and lots of body parts to install.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey, pimp that Pro-M as much as you want kjb302ho, we got one for my dads first build and it was worth every penny ( I say that like im the one that spent the money). We're probably makin like half the hp you're makin but our combo fired right up on the first try, we haven't had to do any tuning at all, lil hot H/C/I engine idles real nice and steady, its a fullproof system.

I gotta say, for the person that doesn't know much about engine management systems or engine tuning or where to look for a tuner or wants stock drivability, I can't recommend the Pro-M system enough. It can run e85, meth, has nitrous control, launch control, traction control, a Check Engine light, its OBD2, it can run COP, it has e-fan control, it has a MAP sensor for boosted cars, it deletes the TFI module, the MAF can support 2000hp and the ECU can support 2 MAFs. There's levels to every game and Pro-M is at the top of the standalone engine management for Fords.

-Manual timing adjustments on the distributor & fuel pressure adjustment at the FPR with an AFR gauge
-tWeecer
-MS3 PNP or PIMPXS
-Holley EFI
-Pro-M

I run the Holley EFI and I too believe the Pro-M is superior for Fords who want ease of access/stock style wiring and less confusion in the tuning process. Especially for those who don't have easy access to a dyno tuner.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Im not saying there is anything wrong with what you have but I just dont understand how there is such a massive difference. I have less cubes, less compression and only 1# more boost than you do. I also run 93 pump snd my timing is very conservative 17 degrees total up top, AFR is 11.4 WOT. If you would of told me your setup without dyno numbers I would of for sure thought you would make more than me at the same boost. There has to be something way different Im not catching.

I also put no time into the tune where I run 16psi, I typically am running a 21psi or 24psi pulley on my car, thats where Ive done most of the tuning work honestly. Either way Im sure its a blast to drive!
maybe i left a spark plug wire off......:unsure:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts

-tWeecer
-MS3 PNP or PIMPXS
-Holley EFI
-Pro-M

your entitled to your opinion lol! as long as its a dominator.....

·
Registered
3,843 Posts

maybe the the dyno operator setup the dyno incorrectly. Anything is possible. maybe ship your car to the same place i got mine and get your feelings hurt or i go to another dyno and make another 100+hp. who knows my man.....

·
Registered
626 Posts
maybe the the dyno operator setup the dyno incorrectly. Anything is possible. maybe ship your car to the same place i got mine and get your feelings hurt or i go to another dyno and make another 100+hp. who knows my man.....
I dont think my feelings would be hurt, my trap speeds speak for themself, on 24psi I think its most others that get their feelings hurt lol. Those trap speeds were at 19psi at 6800rpm btw.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I dont think my feelings would be hurt, my trap speeds speak for themself, on 24psi I think its most others that get their feelings hurt lol. Those trap speeds were at 19psi at 6800rpm btw.
no offense intended, just a phrase that reminded me of what the dyno operator said to me. Id be very scared to rev my truck block that high. stock blocks don't exist. if they do, people want gold for them.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Plenty of stock blocks around here. You're making that hp on a stock 5.0 block?

·
Registered
626 Posts
no offense intended, just a phrase that reminded me of what the dyno operator said to me. Id be very scared to rev my truck block that high. stock blocks don't exist. if they do, people want gold for them.
I have a stock 351 block sitting in my garage lol. I wasnt offended, Ive also heard certain people say that. But it is what it is, when a car goes to a track and traps mid 140's and weighs 3700lbs we all know it doesnt make 500hp. So to me that makes the dyno operator look like he has no idea how to set a dyno up or whatever the reason. But if my car read that is made over 100hp less than what I know thousands of others with similar combos make, I probably wouldnt go back to that place because it makes my mind wander and think something is wrong with my car. Either way after I saw your dyno sheet it makes sense now I think I have the answer, youre not revving it even close to mine, so now it makes sense. If I were to only rev to 5800 Im sure it would be more comparable, however, the power on my doesnt fall off either like it did on yours (guessing belt slip?), mine just keeps climbing as high as I want to rev it. But as you said, stock block vs dart block.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
yes i had belt slip at 5800. pos gatorback belt. those things have no surface area. i probably wouldve made another 10-15. also i dont shift at 6000 on the street closer to 4-4400. im also running 3.08 gears lol! this engine is so torquey i dont need anything higher. this is truly 100% street car. the girl in the picture is my daughter. Shes my rev limiter.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts