Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford racing 10.5" Clutch kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im building a new motor for a buddy of mine at work and I am trying to decide which of these 2 clutch kits to buy from Summit racing.I have no dealings with either kit so Im clueless.I recommended him a Spec clutch but they are out of his Price range..Hes looking to pay $200 or less for a Good clutch kit.His motor will end up having around 300-315 rwhp with his new motor..This will be almost Strictly a Street car and may see the Dragstrip a couple times per year if that.Probably will see less than 7000 miles per year also..Which one would be his best bet?
Thanks for ALL oppinions..

Jeff

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:eek: Please Move this Thread to the General Tech section Mods..I thought I was in General Tech but I was obviously wrong!Thanks! :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you have Oreilly's Autoparts in Tennessee, you can get a heavy duty clutch from them. It has a Valeo clutch disc and pressure plate and is only about $150. They also have a lifetime warranty on it. It worked well on my friends 11.50 car, he raced 20-25 times a year at the track and lasted almost two years before we replaced it with a new one.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The king cobra is the same as the heavy duty except the cobra requires less pedal pressure.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
A Stage I kit - rated to handle 400 HP - directly from SPEC's 'site is only $200. You can get it for up to about $25 less from a SPEC reseller.

Summit Racing wants $200 for a King Cobra kit. The least exensive I've seen new KC kits for is about $140 in the Classified forum.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't remember if it's the disc or pressure plate but one of them is the same in both kits. I ran the KC kit in my vert in 1997-2001 it's a good kit. In 1998 I put the FMS HD kit in my 82. All is good. When VET-KLR and I swapped out the KC in my 91 I opted for the FMS HD kit for a lower cost. Both kits are top quality IMHO. If your buddy can fork over the extra $ for the KC kit go for it. Both kits come with NO WARRANTY.

BTW: I noticed no clutch pedal pressure differance in these 2 kits.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i just got my new stage 1 spec clutch from sybersport racing for 189.00 free shiping with free shiping thats cheper than the cobra i was going to buy sybersports # is 204- 254- 4476 if interested

·
Registered
227 Posts
sorry

·
Registered
227 Posts
just trying to help someone out not trying to advertise dont have anything to sell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts