Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what you guys thought of the kenne bell 5 psi supercharger kit. i just wanted to know what kind of results i would get from it and how hard it would be on a motor with about 50,000 miles on it :confused:

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
awesome

My friend has one and it works great. He runs more boost.. 8lb pulley but sees 11psi on gauge with recent mods. With 6lbs of boost you should be able to get down to low to mid 13's easy. He has had it for years..put 30,000+ miles on it with no probs. He has 55,000 miles on car. I would get a 70mm TB also. You have 88 so you would not have to worry about the restrictive stock MAF on 89 up cars. You should be fine with stock injectors and the KB FMU. ONLY BAD THING... serious traction issues!!:eek: But thats what happens with a ton of torque..I say go for it. I'm sure some knowledgable KB owners such as Bellman Jeff will chime in..he got down to 12.9 with just the SC and stock tires I believe on 8psi. 13.4 on 6psi too I think...

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I think the 'small' kit is 6#-but anyway, you can expect roughly 15 hp/pound of boost. You should notice a real big difference.

Note: If you post questions about this in the 'Power Adder' forum, you'll get lots more replies-that's primarily where all us KB people hang out.
Good Luck!
Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.