Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-mail I just got from them.....

The kit will be released on Aug. 15th. We have a standard kit and a intercooled kit. The standard kit makes 6 psi and goes for $3699. It make about 330-340 whp. The intercooled kit makes 9 psi and 380-390 whp.It retail for $4899. The kit includes chip, injectors, boost-a-pump, intake manifold, and gaskets. Basically the kit will come with everything you need. We thank you for your interest in Kenne Bell superchargers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I bet the numbers are inflated. We'll see if this kit ever makes it to the market. I would like to see some actual numbers from users.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
For all who don't beleive it, I can understand. But this is the first time they have actually given a DATE.

All other times it was maybe by this time, maybe by that time, but never an actual DATE.

It might be true this time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
RedGTvert said:
For all who don't beleive it, I can understand. But this is the first time they have actually given a DATE.

All other times it was maybe by this time, maybe by that time, but never an actual DATE.

It might be true this time around.
After what I have seen over the years, I wouldn't believe anything until I saw an actually picture of one or the kit itself. Also $4,899 for 9 psi seems a little steep considering it's not installed yet. I hope it is upgradable to make a ton of power and torque for that price if people want to go real fast. You can definitely get some serious setups for almost 5K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
The standard kit makes 6 psi and goes for $3699. It make about 330-340 whp. The intercooled kit makes 9 psi and 380-390 whp.It retail for $4899.
Othes that have installed the same Saleen IV kit I have on order have seen about 320-330 rwhp. (real dyno numbers from kits installed) This is an intercooled twin screw set up pushing out 8psi of boost. So as you can see I have a hard time believing your going to get 330-340 rwhp with less boost. I also don't think you are going to get 380-390 rwhp running only 1psi additional. I could be wrong, but I would not only have to see that the KB kit exists first, but also see some real dyno numbers from it. Then I may just believe it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
If I were going to build another GT, I would probably get a KB just for ease of installation. I wouldn't wish a Turbo system, MSD DIS4, Aeromotive fuel setup, & DFI installation on someone I truly hated. I always liked the way the roots/screw type blowers looked under the hood, but I was never satisfied with the performance I have seen people getting. I can't seem to get rid of the bug. I hope after we move into the house, the baby is born, there is a little daylight of funds to begin another project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Have they actually taken money from someone yet? Once they bang someone's credit card then I'll believe they're serious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Michael Johnson said:
Have they actually taken money from someone yet? Once they bang someone's credit card then I'll believe they're serious.
Um, haven't we learned anything from our past experiences? ;) Charging someones credit card would be a poor indicator of availability. I don't believe I need to go into any details.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Turbo99GT said:
If I were going to build another GT, I would probably get a KB just for ease of installation. I wouldn't wish a Turbo system, MSD DIS4, Aeromotive fuel setup, & DFI installation on someone I truly hated. I always liked the way the roots/screw type blowers looked under the hood, but I was never satisfied with the performance I have seen people getting. I can't seem to get rid of the bug. I hope after we move into the house, the baby is born, there is a little daylight of funds to begin another project.
Marc, your too funny. Now that we are rid of the car, the truth comes out.

I seem to remember having conversations with you about the DFI and that it was not as easy as you were being led to believe.

But admit it, you did have some fun while it lasted. What else would have given you the coverage in magazines.

Hate to tell you this dude, but that ray of light you are hoping for . . . as our Brooklyn buddy says Forgetaboutit!

Your wife is going to make up for all those days your dining room looked like parts counter, and with the kid on the way . . . Double Duty for you my friend.

Did you actually purchase a house or still looking? You still working for Mercedes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Turbo99GT said:
Um, haven't we learned anything from our past experiences? ;) Charging someones credit card would be a poor indicator of availability. I don't believe I need to go into any details.:rolleyes:
I hear you but I wouldn't place Kenne Bell in the ranks of dead beats like Excessive. They have always been straight up when I have purchased from them. While there have been some complaints they have a pretty good track record overall. I don't think they would take someone's money enless they fully intended to ship the kits on the date the have given.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
RedGTvert said:

Hate to tell you this dude, but that ray of light you are hoping for . . . as our Brooklyn buddy says Forgetaboutit!

Your wife is going to make up for all those days your dining room looked like parts counter, and with the kid on the way . . . Double Duty for you my friend.

Did you actually purchase a house or still looking? You still working for Mercedes?
Rich, I'm sure you are right. It was a nice thought though:D I actually left Mercedes and went back to accounting. I accepted an offer for a Senior Accounting position in Manhattan. With a baby on the way, play time was over and I needed to earn a better salary. The move gave me a significant increase with much more room to grow. We are still house hunting because we were not sure where I was going to work. I'm getting her a 04 Acura TSX early next week. Rich, I will shoot you an email to detail even more of my experiences with the turbo GT. It was a Love/Hate relationship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Michael Johnson said:
I hear you but I wouldn't place Kenne Bell in the ranks of dead beats like Excessive. They have always been straight up when I have purchased from them. While there have been some complaints they have a pretty good track record overall. I don't think they would take someone's money enless they fully intended to ship the kits on the date the have given.
I agree with you about KB. I was just being wise.;)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top