Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I blew a head gasket (I think from a lean chip) so now I want to swap cams while it's apart. I've got a stock bottom end, ported iron Windsors w/ 2.08 valves & 1.7 rockers. It's got a b-303 cam in it (4.80 lift), I'm guessing for piston/valve clearance. Can I get a good blower cam without flycutting the pistons? Would that be possible with the block in the car? Also, what head gaskets do you guys like? Has anybody used Cometics? I'll use ARP studs and run 12+ lbs of boost.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
677 Posts
Look up kennedys dyno tune. I got his special cam for KB. The guy know his KB's he just dyno tuned mine and excellent mind excellent service hes a real good man. Trust me

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a Kennedy's cam, that's where I got my blower, etc. I trust Bob & like his customer service, I only wish he were closer for a proper tune (the first time). I pulled the heads today, the gasket wasn't even blown. Whoever installed them used 7/16" bolts w/ no sleeves for the 1/2" head bores & #5 cylinder was full of coolant. I think some proper studs & gaskets should do the trick. I'm still a little concerned about piston/valve clearance, maybe I should get some thicker gaskets. Any thoughts? Thanks for responding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts