Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just dynoed my car again with 4 pounds more boost.. (total 12lbs) I got 570.3 RWHP at 5800 and 532.6 at 5100 Air Fuel was in the 11s and the # are SAE.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Cool, looks great. Where did you dyno at?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nice numbers. That is close where I want to be this year, but I am going to detune a lot to try and keep the block in 1 piece. Are you still running stock lines and rails?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
that WC 5-spd must be on its last legs taknig 570rwhp damn good luck with that baby!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congratulations. Some questions for you:

What is your compression ratio?
What fuel did you use?
What was your timing and boost at your torque peak?
Can you post a dyno graph?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Dynoed at Superior Automotive in Anaheim Ca. It was tuned by Sean Ellis of SoCal Diablo. I am still running the stock block with all the good stuff inside and everything I could do to strengthen the block. I know the Block is a ticking time bomb so I am taking it easy. Lines and rails ate stock. The mods are in the sig. When I get the money I will get a Dart block and good fuel system, however, that might be a while.

I have JE dished pistons and a 61cc combustion chamber, so what ever that makes my compression. I think in the low 9s.

I used 10 gallons 91 octane and 5 gallons 100 octane just to be safe on the dyno.

I don’t know what the boost was at my torque peak. I will try to post the graph befor and after.

I really like the Cobra. I had a lot of port work on it though. I tried the Holly System Max II on it but it didn’t do as well (strange I know) I think it was a little big because I don’t go over 5800 rpms.

·
Registered
539 Posts
nice #'s on a stock block! What kinda fuel pressure were you running/seeing with those stock rails/line ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
very nice :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
At superior do they only use diablo chips or do they use autologic as well? Nice numbers

·
Registered
91 Posts
what are all you guys running for a fuel pump, i was told by the local dyno tech that has done thousands of mustangs that a 255 is too little fuel and will run lean above 5500, my combo is 8 psi and should be 430 hp at the crank ? any suggestions for a lowER cost pump, dont have the money to go with a really trick fuel system, what is a good inexspensive pump i can use?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
More proof that the stock lines and rails are better than everyone thought... 570 to the tires whats that about low 600 @ the motor.. CONGRATS!!!

Jeremy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts