Ford Mustang Forums banner

Just passed CA smog with GT40P's and Crane 2031 cam!!!

532 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  94sssnake 
#1 ·
Well, after sweating it for the last year or so about whether or not I was going to pass smog, my day of reckoning finally came... The good thing is, I PASSED with flying colors.... Although I did do a few things to prepare my car, like put the stock H-pipe back on, install the stock FPR (visual), and set the timing back down to 11 degrees... I was actually aiming for 10, but 11 was what I came up with...

The motor itself is a new short block with forged I-beams, SCAT 9000 crank, and forged pistons... I have a cobra intake with ported lower. Heads have be cleaned up, and port matched to Felpro 1250's... Raceflow valves, with 3 angle valve job, and 1.7roller rockers... Cam is the Crane 2031. The rest is in the sig....

My smog numbers are:

I'm sure if I went to a station that was a little more strict, they would have busted me on the fact that I didn't have CARB EO# for my MAC GT40P headers, Cam, or even C&L or Densecharger... Heck, some people get hassled cause the cobra intake doesn't have a CARB# But the guy was real cool, and just did the test....:)

See less See more
#2 ·
good deal.

it appears as long as you have the stock h-pipe on, passing is very likely. The stock cats really clean up the air coming out...

#4 ·
94sssnake said:
That is great to hear. I have the 2031 also, it does have a carb # though. I have to test in Sept.
94sssnake,

Mine has the same CARB EO# yours has... Unfortunetly that CARB EO# only covers cars that are 92 and older... so no, your car is not covered under that number... This was told to me, directly by Crane Cams....

But, I wouldn't sweat it, cause if you look at my results, you would really have to have something wrong for your car not to pass the sniffer... Although your car could fail for the other items that you may have, that tech guy has no way of determining you have a cam... so F it... don't tell him.. :) What he don't know, won't hurt...:evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.