Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Saleen Gen IV twin screw today. Saleen said it will be shipped in a few days:rolleyes: . We will see.

I also ordered the dash pod with gauges and hood. I think the dash pod with gauges should come with the kit:barf:

I had my local dyno shop order the Saleen stuff for me. I saved more than 10% on it all. Beats the $75 to become a team saleen member for 10% off there stuff. There going to install it for at a good price also.:joy:

This blower should make a nice street machine. I'll post before and after dyno # for ever one to see.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the price I can't beat it, plus they can put the car on the dyno right away to check the air/fuel ratio.

It is also winter here so they can do it in the heated bays.

They installed S/C all the time. They know there stuff when it comes to clean professional installs on S/C.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Kurt2002 said:
I ordered the Saleen Gen IV twin screw today. Saleen said it will be shipped in a few days:rolleyes: . We will see.

I also ordered the dash pod with gauges and hood. I think the dash pod with gauges should come with the kit:barf:

I had my local dyno shop order the Saleen stuff for me. I saved more than 10% on it all. Beats the $75 to become a team saleen member for 10% off there stuff. There going to install it for at a good price also.:joy:

This blower should make a nice street machine. I'll post before and after dyno # for ever one to see.
How much was it and where did you order from (who is your local dyno shop??)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm very interested in how this blower works out. What kind of chip will you be using?

·
Registered
61 Posts
sc

where can I find out about this sc? Is it it a whipple design or roots? and what are the advertised hp/tq numbers for it?
-Michael

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is a whipple. (Twin Screw). Works on the stock GT. Good for around 375HP. Price is around $4400.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
01-0800 said:
It is a whipple. (Twin Screw). Works on the stock GT. Good for around 375HP. Price is around $4400.
Wow thats expensive. I didnt realize the twin-screw was that much. For $300 more I got my turbo kit!

-Adam

·
Registered
697 Posts
2000 Saleen said:
Wow thats expensive. I didnt realize the twin-screw was that much. For $300 more I got my turbo kit!

-Adam
$4400 is Saleen's MSRP. The price from dealers should be substantially less. I have heard 3700 and some change, but not officially yet, just a couple ballpark guesses.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in ohio, the dyno shop is called big shot dyno. I bought the Saleen TS for $3900 from them. They are a Saleen dealer so they can get parts cheaper than we can.

I send my computer to Saleen and they reflash it for me. I'm planning on getting it dyno tune so after the install.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Kewl

I'm subscribing.

I'm curious to hear how your setup works out. The Saleen website still isn't showing anything about this blower (8JAN03).

I also hear that Roush is coming out with a twin screw. I'm getting tired of waiting for the Kenne Belle SC to be released.

Can you post some pics and describe the kit after install.

Thanks,
Hop

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Kurt2002 said:
I'm in ohio, the dyno shop is called big shot dyno. I bought the Saleen TS for $3900 from them. They are a Saleen dealer so they can get parts cheaper than we can.

I send my computer to Saleen and they reflash it for me. I'm planning on getting it dyno tune so after the install.
Dude, Sounds like a nice setup! Keep me in mind this spring/summer as I would love to run with you at Norwalk or Thompson and beat up on some GM's.LOL Good luck later Ron

·
Registered
636 Posts
primetime said:
Dude, Sounds like a nice setup! Keep me in mind this spring/summer as I would love to run with you at Norwalk or Thompson and beat up on some GM's.LOL Good luck later Ron
Put your line lock kit in first, Ron. Then maybe you'll be able to heat up the tires and really launch your car. :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sure primetime, the dyno shop i go to the guy rents out dragway 42 for us and test tune our cars. It not much at all, i must of ran my car 10-15 times trying different things.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They aren't advertised yet but they are definetely selling them.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
2001TrueBlueGT said:
Put your line lock kit in first, Ron. Then maybe you'll be able to heat up the tires and really launch your car. :D
Ouch Doug!LOL Yeah I need to get them on, the powerpipe, and finish the intake. New turbos for the S4 have become a priority as well:) take care buddy later Ron

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Kurt2002 said:
sure primetime, the dyno shop i go to the guy rents out dragway 42 for us and test tune our cars. It not much at all, i must of ran my car 10-15 times trying different things.
Sweet keep me posted and best of luck! later Ron

1 - 20 of 40 Posts