Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the whole cobra brake/5 lug kit for my 93 Notchback. My question is will the authentic Ford 1995 Cobra R rims fit on my car with this brake upgrade? Also, I plan on 245's in the front and 275 DR's out back. What will I need to do if anything for these to fit?

For those who have the kit...how do you like it? I wanted to get the Baer kit, but it looked like the one I wanted was around $2200 plus shipping, and I scored the Ford kit for $1677 to my door with the Summit 10% discount. For the type of driving I do, I couldnt justify the extra greenbacks!

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
160 Posts
I put the M2300 kit on my '91 about 6 months ago and could not believe the difference. My car stops now:)

9" wide wheels will fit but they will stick out a little at the back. You can use ranger axles instead of the sn-95's that come in the kit but you will need the North Cobra brackets to use them.

I used the sn-95 axles with '98 Cobra wheels (17x8) and they fit fine.

Bill

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
From what ive heard, this kit will greatly improve braking. I dont have it, but I am considering buying it instead of hunting down parts and doing it peice by peice. The kit is a bolt on and go type thing. Ive been asking around about it and so far, the only negative thing about it, is the price. I too was thinking about the baer kit, but $2200 is alot when compared to the cobra kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts