Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just ordered Eibach sportline springs. I'm in a debate with what shocks and springs to get. Its either konis or bilsteins or both. I have quad shocks on the rear. Does that mean I have 4 shocks on the rear or are they some kind of duble shock technology crap. Can't I just get normal rear shocks or if i do do i have to buy extra stuff. Part numbers will help.

I was thinking cobra struts up front but since my car is gonna be lowered wouldn't it damage the bilstein struts just as fast as the factory gt struts.

Any input would be appreciated, and i know I'm gonna get the c/c plates soon.

thanks Josh
03 gt 5speed

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hey all, I just ordered Eibach sportline springs. I'm in a debate with what shocks and springs to get. Its either konis or bilsteins or both. I have quad shocks on the rear. Does that mean I have 4 shocks on the rear or are they some kind of duble shock technology crap. Can't I just get normal rear shocks or if i do do i have to buy extra stuff. Part numbers will help.

Well, since you ordered such low springs, you might want to order the Foxbody shocks/struts to make up for the loss of travel. You have two regular shocks, and two smaller ones in the rear. If you were to upgrade to better control arms, you would be able to eliminate the two extra shocks. Get Bilsteins, they are a quality shock.

I was thinking cobra struts up front but since my car is gonna be lowered wouldn't it damage the bilstein struts just as fast as the factory gt struts.

If you get the Foxbody struts you'll have the right amount of travel.

·
340 Posts
If you do go with the Bilsteins, buy the ones listed for your car because the Bilsteins are designed to deal with a lowered car. Maximum Motorsports states this at their site...

·
Registered
149 Posts
As you can see from my sig, I have Bilsteins. The FRPP G springs are really Eibachs. They even come in an Eibach box with the Ford part #. My car handles flat in the corners and rides better than with the stock shocks. No ground clearance problems even with the cats on the Bassani that hang lower than the stock cats. I see no need to change the horizontal "quad"shocks. From talking to Koni, the "red" shocks for the Fox body are not really for our SN-95 body and the yellow Koni's are rediculously expensive. I got my Bilsteins from Shox.com. Best price I could find at the time but look around to be sure. I'm very happy with my set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts