Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Dyno. I am happy with the results. What do you think?

·
Registered
75 Posts
rwhp

Congrats..what kind of torque at what rpm. rwhp at what rpm..how is your a/f ratio thru the pull...what mods besides your sig.????..Is this std. , corrected, etc..??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your running super rich and the graph does not match the posted numbers....your first run was the best run????:confused:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
How much boost are you seeing?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mankato, Mn

Your a long way from Huntington Beach Ca. Powertrain is a Ca. dyno...your 87 Gt does not quite match up to a 99 Cobra????
Definate tune problems on the car dynoed....

·
Registered
269 Posts
That dyno sheet is from Maltboy's cobra. He is my uncle and asked me to post the dyno sheet for him.

What is the wrong with the tune except for it being a little rich? From what I understand 12.5 to 1 is optimal for a street driven blower car. This was tune to be a street driven car that only ever use 91 octane and the tune was requested to be conservative in order to keep the block together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Right On

My mistake..moving too fast thr the posts..it appears his first run was way too rich 10 and below at 5500 rpm's 2nd run they leaned him out and he pulled 493.5 rwhp..the torque is almost right on for a 32 valve.. have fun!:)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Nasssty said:
That dyno sheet is from Maltboy's cobra. He is my uncle and asked me to post the dyno sheet for him.

What is the wrong with the tune except for it being a little rich? From what I understand 12.5 to 1 is optimal for a street driven blower car. This was tune to be a street driven car that only ever use 91 octane and the tune was requested to be conservative in order to keep the block together.
Actually I doubt you'll ever see Powertrain tune a car to 12.5:1 on Cali fuel. He generally tunes very conservativly.

And yes, the TQ is about right.

·
Registered
104 Posts
RedGTvert said:
Actually I doubt you'll ever see Powertrain tune a car to 12.5:1 on Cali fuel. He generally tunes very conservativly.

I don't know what someone from Fl would know about about PT but you are correct and they do tune conservative and generally show #'s in STD.

Congrats on the numbers!
Shawn

·
Registered
860 Posts
onerichrunner said:
I don't know what someone from Fl would know about about PT but you are correct and they do tune conservative and generally show #'s in STD.

Congrats on the numbers!
Shawn
There are a few CA/FL transplants around here! :D Powertrain was the place to go...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Siskywolf said:
Your running super rich and the graph does not match the posted numbers....your first run was the best run????:confused:
The A/F ratio on the last run looks perfect to me, and I don't see where you say the graph does not match the numbers.:confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check my last reply..I corrected my self..moving too fast thru the posts...first run was extremely rich and pulled the 511 rwhp..2nd run was 493 an a/f was right on for 91 octane. Thats good HP for his posted mods.:)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
onerichrunner said:

Congrats on the numbers!
Shawn
Actually Shawn, I have recommended many people to Powertrain over the years. Several years ago, when the 99's came out and were having all sorts of issues with blowers, fuel system and tuning, he was one of the shops who were having the best success. PTD is one of the shops I recommend to my West Coast friends.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man that thing is making peak power or near it from 4700 to 6200. That thing will really be pulling thru the gears. What has been done to the rear to handle that..?

Chris

·
Registered
269 Posts
Only mods he has to the rear end is the following.
4.10 gears, steeda axle busings, and 03 cobra irs brace.

What will probably save his rear end is running street tires which probably wont get enough traction to break anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice #'s

MALTBOY how much boost are you running???
Nasssty how much boost is he running???

Is it just me or isnt the Hp supposed to equal Tq @ 5252rpms.

Like I said it could just be me...

BTW nice power band 4000-7000 (+500rwhp).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Nice #'s

Turbo974v said:
Is it just me or isnt the Hp supposed to equal Tq @ 5252rpms.

Like I said it could just be me...
They do.. Both at about 390 at 5,250 rpm. The way the graph is set up the torque & horsepower don't go up at the same rate on the side bars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts