Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got through installing my energy suspension motor mounts... whew glad that's over with. Well when crank her up im getting a check engine light.:mad:

Any guesses as to what happened?

Here is some additional info...i had to jack the motor up to get the mounts off and i hit the firewall with the intake...maybe something pulled loose? also my oil pressure is between the middle line and the one below it but i seems like its slow to get there, also when i rev the engine the oil pressure gage doesn't move? i don't if it supposed to on these cars but it did on my old car (trans am) Also now my air doesn't work :( could something to with that have pulled loose too and also would that cause a light... I also installed new motorsport wires before the mounts and it ran fine with no light... Also the motor at idle tends to rev a little and then idle down slowly... which it didn't do before??
other than that it drives perfect.

Any body wanna try and diagnose this

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also now i have a dripping sound coming from the air conditioning vents that wasn' t there before... what the heck is this and could this be related?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dripping sound= check the two coolant lines on the passenger side firewall that attach to your heater core...did you bend those tubes(?), if you did your heater core may of sprung a leak, they're known to start leaking if you bend the tubes even slightly. If your core is leaking it will drip from the nipple at the bottom of the firewall when the car is running.

CE light= check to make sure the two grounding wires at the firewall on driver side are in tact (one strap goes from head to firewall the other comes from elec harness to the same mounting point on fw). Like mentioned check you O2 harnesses, make sure they're in tact.
good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry, I'm a bonehead and replied to the wrong post. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts