Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - these things are LOUD! And that's with the stock H-pipe - I'm really worried about getting pulled over - although i will say - the sound is pretty easy to modulate. If cops are around - you can go up a gear or 2 and they are relatively quiet. Does anyone know whether I can simply bolt in the MagnaFlows if the sound get's to be too much? I'm hoping I can - the only issue might be that the Magnaflows are offset outlets - not center inlet/outlet like the packs are.

In either case - they really bring your stang to life...I can't imagine being able to even hear the radio if I had an O/R pipe on there as well....

·
Registered
145 Posts
LOUD

A good friend of mine has long tubes, off road x pipe and magna flow cat back on his 97 Cobra.. and his car is freakin LOUD!! :eek: It sounds so awesome around 7000 RPM.. just got to watch it around the cops!! And make sure you warn your friends next to you to wear ear plugs when your gonna punch it or driving through a tunnel Good Luck

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Chris,

How loud are they compared to 2 chamber flowmasters or MAC mufflers? I am looking to swap my mufflers out (possibly) because the drone @ 3 rpm's is killing me but I don't want to sacrifice the awsome sound I got going :D

·
US Air Force Active Duty
168 Posts
Chris02 said:
Wow - these things are LOUD! And that's with the stock H-pipe - I'm really worried about getting pulled over -
I've never been pulled over, and I have O/R X w/ Magnapack.
Before that I had an O/R H w/40 series Flowmasters.
Knock on wood:)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Give it a few days and you will want it louder...the bug will catch...TRUST ME...I am a highschool teacher/soon to be principal, and I got the bug...what can I say, my sig. says it all.

~Darren

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't say I've heard the Mac's on a newer Mustang - so I can't compare them. But I did just sell my 96 Firebird that had a 2-chamber flowmaster on it - and the MagnaPacks are considerably louder. It's a much different sound though - part of that is because the flows are designed for that low rumble and the other part id that the 350 is a substantially bigger engine.

I do agree that it tends to seem quiter as time goes by - I remeber thinking the flows on the Firbird were loud...at first!!!

Let's just say - no one wants to start with me at a stop light anymore - not even the ricers with their coffee cans.

Glad i have the 5-speed so i can modulate the loudness factor around the fuzz...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey guys, where would be the cheapest to buy the Magnapacks from, I'm looking to get one soon as i've already got my longtubes on! Just that alone made my car sound so much better, now I want more, hehe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my from Houston Performance for $359 + shipping - I heard there was a place that was selling them for like $330 - don't recall the name of the place right now unfortunately..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Re: Just installed the MagnaPack cat back system!

JMWEEZ said:

I've never been pulled over, and I have O/R X w/ Magnapack.
Before that I had an O/R H w/40 series Flowmasters.
Knock on wood:)
Hey JMWEEZ, do you happen to have a sound clip of your exhaust. I also have an off road Bassani x pipe and looking into getting magnapacks. I have flows right now and hate it. Ive been debating on a cat back exhaust for the longest time and just cant seem to decide. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I may be getting a cat-back sometime in the near future...I want a good amount of performance and a good, solid, deep tone to my exhaust...how much does the sound change from the stock exhaust to the regular magnaflow catback? And for a high school kid, would the magnapacks be a little loud that what I might want? Just trying to get an idea...if anyone would happen to have any sound clips of magnaflow -vs- magnapacks, that might be nice to hear. Thanks.

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts