Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car isnt starting right now because I need a new TFI module but rght after I installed the KCC(few weeks ago) I went to drive it around and the car would buck like crazy in 1st gear at low RPMs(unless I am on the clutch a little bit) is this normal? Does the clutch just need to be broken in? How Should I break it in after I get it running again? thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Did you get a new flywheel, or resurface it.. Anyway regardless, Yes it will take a little bit for the clutch and flywheel to get a good groove. Your next step in that car is to get an adjustable clutch quadrent.. VRY EASY TO INSTALL.. Let me know when your home I will call discount for ya!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry to say but your new clutch disc is probably worn. It happens from trying to position input shaft into pilot bearing, and when moving the trans around, it bends the disc a bit. The trans has a lot of leverage. This isnt too uncommon. A new clutch should not have any sort of a "break in" to work right.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
kermitas playtoy said:
Sorry to say but your new clutch disc is probably worn. It happens from trying to position input shaft into pilot bearing, and when moving the trans around, it bends the disc a bit. The trans has a lot of leverage. This isnt too uncommon. A new clutch should not have any sort of a "break in" to work right.
I installed about 10 clutches in my life on mustangs. I am no pro, BUT I have had about 60% of them have a little buck in them, Just give it some time and it will smooth right on out stangaholic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed my Stg1 spec clutch about a month ago and it did the same thing

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Stangaholic said:
Ok, how should I drive it when this ***** actually does start? Normal or should I get on it a little? Are you ever gonna call here Bobby? ;)
I am tryin to get there # but there site is down. Give me time I will call soon! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.