Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why didnt anyone tell me that a ed curtis combo would turn my car into a rocket? wow! its not even tuned yet! i finished installing eveything at 11pm last night, i had to be at work at 8:30pm lol. any hue, i didnt get a chance to tune my car to much. i set my timing at 14 degrees and my fuel pressure at 40 lbs (24 lb inj). my car is running really rich, i just installed new o2 sensors and im stil choking and crying. what should my tps be set on? i have all the bolt ons 1 5/8 lt, 70mm tb, 76mm c&l, performer rpm intake, fti cam 54cc afr 165, 3.73 gears pullies, no air, no smog, spin tech pro street and 24 lb injectors. any suggestions? i know this combo has alot left in it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I was running a combo very similar, except for a Cobra intake on my old 306. YES, it was like a rocket!! Mine ran very rich at idle as well; which was giving me a nasty surging idle. I first checked for vacuum leaks around the intake and all the fittings. I next lowered my FP to 37-38, and it still didn't help. My final fix was to modify the MAF curve using an EEC Tuner. That did the trick!! If you do not have an EEC Tuner or PMS, I would recommend a dyno / chip burning session. Even with some type of PMS, it is still difficult to tune an engine properly without a wideband oxygen sensor. Putting a wideband on the car is the best way to see the effects of the changes you made. I'm sure this is not what you wanted to hear. There are many people that have had great success with getting their cars to run fine on the stock EEC program. Unfortunately, I was not one of them. BTW, congrats on getting the new combo running.........it's a great feeling.......ahh??

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
try lowering the fuel pressure to 38. Try total timeing between 34-38. Once you get the fuel pressure and timeing worked out then consider a dyno tune and chip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts