Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today and it's in a McLeod box, but also has a FMS # M-6392-C sticker on it. Will this work on my '95?? It has the engine plate, bell, 2 spacer rings, and the loger/heavy duty clutch fork. I thought it was supposed to come with an adapter to fit the '94-95 t-5's??

·
Registered
181 Posts
That bell should bolt up fine, but you need the spacer for the driveshaft or a custom one made to put the driveshaft in the trans (Like a tremec) I think it's 5/8 of an inch more? I don't think a 94-95 5 speed will work because the input shaft is too long for that bell.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, McLeoad's website shows the bell kit for a '94-95 is the same as the previous years, except for a thin adapter plate that bolts between the bell and t-5. I figured it would come with the kit i ordered, as I stated for '95, but either they sent me the wrong one or it's just missing out of the box

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh, My bad I never knew they made such an animal. I went with the Tremec right away, now I'm switching to AOD. Sorry for the bad info!!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I did not realize you needed a Driveshaft Spacer kit also. I ma glad you got the Bellhousing. The Motorsport number is on the box because it is the same bell housing. Mcleod makes it for Ford. That is why it is in the Mcleod box witha Motorsport number.

Contact me by e-Mail if you need.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Did you get my e-mail with the spacer price?

·
Registered
342 Posts
It SHOULD include the spacer. I just installed the same bell on my 95 cobra, and it came WITH the spacer. Didn't have a Motorsport # on it though. Oh yeah, it isn't a driveshaft spacer, it is a plate that goes between the trans and bell to kick the trans back 3/4 of an inch or so because of our longer input shafts on the 94-95s.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Venom---That is correct. I mistakenly charged him for and sent him the fox body unit. He paid the difference and I shipped him the plate.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cool, yeah Mcleod actually messed up my order too, and sent me the 3907 plate for the tremec, but they did send me the correct 3909 one within a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts