Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time ever getting the engine dyno done. Keep in mind this is unported everything, out of the box. Plus the following settings:

Timing: 13.5 degrees
Fuel Pressure: 46 psi
A/F ratio during dyno: 12.0:1 WOT

RWHP = 290.1 Torque = 322.2

Using the 17% rule this would be engine HP = 339 TQ = 388?

Is this good or does this suck?

Guys at Fast Lane said it was really good, especially the HP/TQ curve....very smooth lines/transisition. My scanner isn't working or I'd show the graph.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
What compression are you running? Not bad for the very mild setup, but a/f should be in the 13.5:1 area for the most power.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running about 10:1 compression. I was also using 89 octane gas. I didn't want to change at the last minute.....I heard that causes computers to act funny until it relearns with the O2s.

92greenmonster.....

What's your combo to score 315RWHP?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Ya, ticking the fuel pressure down to 42 or 43psi should help lean it out a bit for 10hp or so. The timing may be where it likes it, especially on 89. I would run it again on 91-93 so you can give it more timing as it may very well want more. Compression helps reduce the timing needed, but only 10:1 isn't that high. I would try up to 18 and see if it picks up hp before being confident in the tune. GOing to race it at the track at all?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
First of all, congrats on your combo. Good job, and you know it's doing something, and you know that it can do better, at least break the 300rwhp barrier.

Second of all, don't you love it how every guy with a solid roller cam thinks you have a "mild" combo.......:lol:

Third of all, dinner has arrived, I'll be back later.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Your combo is very similar to mine. I have not dynoed my car, but I've always figured I was around 290-300 rwhp. Do you have any track times for it and weight of your vehicle with 60 ft times?
How high does your engine pull to? Mine starts to die off about 5800 but not too bad. I'd be interested in seeing your dyno sheet if you can post it.

Paul

·
Registered
330 Posts
Screamin' 90LX said:

92greenmonster.....

What's your combo to score 315RWHP?
Here's the combo:

Stock 302 shortblock from a '96-'00 truck - got the SB from Bishops in Dallas, that's what the guy said

AFR 185s milled to 55cc chambers
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
FMS 65mm TB/EGR
Pro M 75mm Bullet
Custom Ed C cam (don't want to give away the specs, but it's a lot smaller than I was expecting - under .540 lift and 226 duration @ .050)
Crower 1.6 roller rockers

My transmission is a Tremec 3550 and I have 3.73 gears. I think I'll be able to drop some ET with a different spring setup (I have BBK lowering springs now).

Anyway, that's what I've got. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the feedback: link shows dyno sheet:

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3328

92GreenMonster:

Thanks, I can now see by your intake, AFR185s @55 ccs, and bigger cam why you got to the 315 hp #.

Deepstage:

Haven't made it to the track yet...couple weeks hopefully. Nor have I weighed it. My engine pulls hard from 2Krpm up. It's hard to tell where it quits pulling because I hit the 6250 limiter pretty quick. This is with 3.27:1s on the Corbra rims. My MSD has a 7K chip in to keep out of the way. The link below is the photo of my dyno sheet. The dyno man was ending the session at 5500, but you can see that it looks like it levels off about then....still climbing just a little. My A/F ratio is lean at start then fattens up.

Greylx306:

Thanks for the compliment! I'll get 300rwhp...couple little tweaks. Yeah your right on the mild thing....some things mean more or less to others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts