Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my mods does this sound right or not. (look at sig for numnbers)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hard to say. I pulled more torque than that with just pulleys and a timing adjuster. The exhaust on my car is stock, but your higher hp indicates your car is breathing better. I would think a wide open exhaust might have pulled a little more, but that is probably pretty good. Invest the 300 bucks for the Steeda pulleys and T/A and you can tack another 10 rwhp and probably 10 rwtq to those numbers.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
They look a little low for your mods.Try getting rid of the mac cold air.And i agree with Aaron 4.6 you need pullies.Plus a mass air cant hurt either.

Aaron 4.6 where in augusta do you live?Im from there.I come visit my parents every month or so in evans.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah Brian...add some pulley's, timing adjuster, and a MAF...and try gettin rid of that CAI....see my sig with a stock dyno...with those mods, you should probably be seeing closer to 250hp...slap on the mods i listed above...you should be over 260hp at the wheels.

Kevin

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have the steeda pullies and timing adjuster just havent installed yet so i redyno it after i install

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
They look about on par, actually. Maybe a bit low on the torque. But, some of the #'s you see posted here sometimes aren't SAE corrected #'s, but rather actual #'s as measured that day by the dyno. My #'s were lower than I had expected, but they really aren't that bad.

My #'s tell me that I've bolted on ~40-45 horsepower at the flywheel and ~40-45 foot pounds of torque at flywheel as well. So, you're right in the ballpark. I'm sure that you are still probably running rich at WOT, so there's more horse to be had with a tune. My JMS chip did a pretty good job on that, although there's still a little room for improvement, as there will be more room after the intake and cams go in. Regardless, don't get down on yourself if you think your #'s are low. I know that I did, and trust me, it doesn't help any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.