Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I finally finished up installing my SQ trim, walbro 255, Pro-m 80, and 42# injectors.

First of all the install wasn't that bad and without the delays with getting my pump and meter i could have finished in a day.

Quick question to any mod motor guys. Did any of you have as hard of a time as i did getting the vortech inlet tube to fit in, i had to cut that piece of **** flex tube like 4 times to finally get everything to squeeze in, and by squeeze i mean i had all my weight on it then got a hand free to tighten the hose clamps.

Also it seems like the inlet/discharge assembly is a really tight fit, it took me quite a few trys to get everything in, did anyone have to play with it as much as i did or did i do something wrong?

But i'd have to say other than the inlet/discharge tubes the rest of the install went pretty easy. I did have to take the blower/bracket assembly off and put it back on a couple times but that was cuz i screwed up.
Well now its off to Houston Performance on the 25th to see what it'll put down after steve tunes it.

Bill

·
Registered
847 Posts
nice setup.....been waiting to see a blown headswapped 96-98.....good luck with it.

phil

·
Registered
413 Posts
If the inlet install was a pain you probably didn't bend the A/C line out of the way. Refer to the instructions for that. Somestimes the discharge can be hard to install if the volute isn't clocked correctly.

David

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bend the A/C line out of the way but maybe ididn't do it enough. Its doesn't seem like its hitting the line, the real problem is that i couldn't get the flex tube to line up with the plastic piece that attachs to the inlet side of the blower. But i'm still gonna go check that out and make sure i did do it right.

Yeah there havn't been to many headswap guys throwing blowers on therecars so it shoudl be ierestin to see what it pus down. Anyone wanna take a guess?

Bill

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Yeah there havn't been to many headswap guys throwing blowers on therecars so it shoudl be ierestin to see what it pus down. Anyone wanna take a guess?
Yep... with 98 engine and 99 PI heads, 99 stock cams, 99 stock intake I layed down 377rwhp/375rwtq. I would guess pretty close to that amount.

Good luck.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1BadAzzGT said:
Yep... with 98 engine and 99 PI heads, 99 stock cams, 99 stock intake I layed down 377rwhp/375rwtq. I would guess pretty close to that amount.

Good luck.
Were the heads on your car stock or did you have them P&P? Also what other type of engine/exhaust mods did you have when you put down those numbers? And was that through the automatic?

A couple people have told me that i should be able to get pretty close to 400 with the heads/cams and other mods i have.

Anyone else wanna guess

Bill

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i'm going to be running a stock shortblock for now, i have another brand new bare block sitting in my friends shop, but i gotta come up with the money to build it. i'm just hoping it holds on long enough for me to build that one, if not oh well

Bill

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll definetly be running the stock boost until i get the block built then maybe i'll crank it up just to see what a stock 85k mile short block can handle:evil: maybe we'll see how many 1/4 mile passes a stock short block can handle with 16+lbs of boost:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my '00GT the inlet tube was a very tight fit, even after bending the AC line out of the way. It was probably the hardest part of the freakin' install!

·
Registered
56 Posts
96 black, i predict only a couple. i have seen the results of that and its not pretty at all. Also, i can think of safer ways than an oil down of the track going 100+ mph to have fun.

I know its probably just a passing thought, but I would not recommend that kind of testing unless you are prepared for any and all consequences.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
96_black_gt said:
Were the heads on your car stock or did you have them P&P? Also what other type of engine/exhaust mods did you have when you put down those numbers? And was that through the automatic?

A couple people have told me that i should be able to get pretty close to 400 with the heads/cams and other mods i have.

Anyone else wanna guess

Bill
The heads on the car were 99 PI's (ported/polished). Only other engine mods were the Pro-M 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Mac shorty headers, MSD DIS4 ignition, 42# injectors, Mac H pipe with hi-flo cats. That was also when the car was a 5 speed (converted over to automatic).

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
vortech

I have a 98 gt... head swap blower car... 370 at the wheels.... AUTOMATIC. Just drove to south florida and back... from Ohio..... over 22 miles to a gallon.... 3.73 gears. Have fun with yours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts