Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After gathering parts for weeks, and putting it off, I finally got around to doing the mass air swap today. We took about 2 hours, taking our time with it.

No big surprises (as I figured). Only detour was to the junkyard to snag a EEC harness plug to scour a few extra EEC pins for the mass air harness.

For anybody interested, I bought the mass air harness kit off ebay for 29.95 and the kit was of excellent quality. It comes with clear instructions, quality wire harness & plug to the MAF.

I spent 75.00 for the computer (A9M), 29.95 for the harness, 15.00 for the meter, 5.00 for the meter bracket, and 4.50 for the extra EEC harness. Total for the swap was 130.00!

I was having idle issues with the speed density (running a Trick Flow 1 cam), and couldn't get the idle under 1200 rpm. Mass air completely solved the problem. Idle is around 800 rpm, and the car sounds like a beast at idle.

I'm having some low RPM bucking which I expected, but the swap was well worth it. I wish I had done it sooner!

:joy:

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's pretty cheap! Sure beats the $500 kit from Ford Racing Performance Parts

·
Registered
253 Posts
guess ya gotta get a new quote now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts