Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
give or take 40hp? I was always told manuals take 12-15% autos 20-25%. There are newer autos that use less. Your A/F ratio looks good. Dyno's are tricky, some are way off, some are not.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Laughing my a$$ off!! That is what counts isn't it? Mine has been sitting in my garage since 03 if it helps. Sold off everything I had and now am getting it back together slowly. Stock mustangs are fun, but not scary fun like you say.

·
Registered
223 Posts
WTF?! Was this a real thread or a joke? Sorry to bring it back to life ... but I just had to comment!

·
Registered
351 Posts
A buddie's crew cab with a 502 BBC, 54" Boggers and Rockell axles get's better fuel economy than that. Something is Seriously wrong.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Damn Necro-posts....

Why would you bring back a thread from 7 months ago just to ask if it was a joke? Then somebody like me comes along and wants to help and doesn't see that it's an old post. [grumble]

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Easy, student loans. I paid out of pocket for my AA, and half of BA. The remainder I had to borrow and they always gave me too much. Got to love th US Government loans, I should have bought a house.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Don't guess. Get an LM-1 Wideband and see when/what stage all that fuel is going out the tailpipe. It's a must for anything performance nowadays...

A carburetor is a barely controlled fuel leak.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
1 MPG is a whole lot of BTU's. If the fuel is burning, something would be getting HOT as hell. There is no way at all around this.

If it was the TC slipping all that fuel energy, it would melt down. If it was the engine, it would over heat no matter what radiator you had.

You have to be pushing a lot of raw fuel through the system. Can't be anything else. I ran an 850 CFM on a 2800lb car that ran lower mid nine's with a C6 automatic, and 8's with a Lenco. It would get 5-10 MPG on the street, and it had a BF roller cam.

I'd look at the carb. It probably isn't even atomizing fuel, or you have a leak.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
who is that calling carb's flintstone thing".. carbs work good enough. don't need a lap top, don't have to spend hundreds of $$ just to get it running. fordman50, try a smaller carb, power aint free. it cost!!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
someone needs to get over themself. i hate arrowgant mf's. don't put down other peoples projects.

·
Registered
751 Posts
NASCARs will average 3-6mpg depending on the track. So if you are getting only 1 with just a few "hard romps" there is something seriously wrong with your set up.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
who ever is calling carbs old school tech and flintstone parts. the internal combustion engine is over 100 years old. so I guess you hi-tech people will be racing electric cars since they're new tech. appreciate what others have.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts