Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a good price on it from jds performance. He is getting me the V1 ( the loud one ) I was told they don't make them anymore..

I need some quick questions answered. My combo is basically a

331 8.9:1 compression ross pistons
TFS track heat intake and TFS heads
1.6 rockers and an F-cam

I dynoed 282/330, I bought the kit and also ordered the 15lbs pulley with it, also got 42lbs injectors and meter. Now what should my tune be on the first time out. I am thinking FP set at 40 and timing @ 10. This is with a 255 intake and the external that comes with the kit. I plan on NOT using the FMU.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The timing sounds right. The fuel pressure:confused: not sure, try it and see how it feels, go easy though don't want to blow anything up.:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
TFS TW heads just ROCK when it comes to forced induction.

I would set it up pig rich with the timing backed off and then get it over to a dyno with a wide band and set it up.

TFS TW heads
15lbs boost

I see split stock block in your future if that is what you are using :)

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
if this is your FIRST blower, id think about NOT running such a small pulley to start;) atleast till you get a grasp on the tuning of a forced induction setup, or you could end up in the same boat as nate79. if you insist on the big boost numbers keep it pig rich and the total timing to around 16-17 total @WOT as a starting point;) BTW try 42psi FP to start, but youll most likely need more like 45psi(base) or better with the boost youll be running. Good Luck, Scott

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup its my first blower, I was going to get a TT setup, and with my current set up look for about 480 rwhp, and adjust my boost to get that. Well I was hoping for 300 N/A and only got 282 so I hope the 15lbs pulley will get me close to my goal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your combo is not optimized for being NA so it doesn't surprise me that it didn't dyno over 300.

Put some boost on it and watch is sore.

Start low, get a handle on it and then start to slowly build more boost.

It doesn't take much to blow a HD or melt a piston.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Make sure you throw it on a dyno and get some a/f numbers(and maybe even someone that knows how to tune) before you go and go WOT even for the first time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fastfed1 said:
got a good price on it from jds performance. He is getting me the V1 ( the loud one ) I was told they don't make them anymore.
The V-1 A-Trim has been discontinued, the V-1 S-Trim is still just as available today as it was before. The discontinued A-Trim has been replaced by the V-1 SC-Trim. The reason for the switch is because previously when you wanted to boost the A-Trim past 10psi, you had to have it physically upgraded to an S-Trim by sending it in to Vortech and having parts changed out. With the SC-Trim, while out of the box is the same 5-6psi, it is capable of up to 20psi, just like the S-Trim, just by changing pullies. The SC-Trim does need to be spun faster to make the same boost as an S-Trim however. The only other thing would be that (just like with the A-Trim) when you get the point of running 8psi or more, you would need to purchase the H.O. upgrade assembly, which includes the T-Rex fuel pump, 8-rib drive assembly, aluminum discharge tube with bypass valve, and MSD BTM.

(Sorry this was so long)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
any updates on what happened? :D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow this is an old thread, I actually never got that S-trim, I wound up getting it used, search my name and see the latest on what happened to my motor...

I had my s-trim ready for the install and decided to let a shop fix my rear main seal leak, well it turned out my motor needed a rebuild!! LOL

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
hehehe, :lol: Sorry to hear about that, I'll do a search.

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts