Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my setup ( by the way i'm making 10 #s of boost now) shouldn't i be making more power. just wondering. can't do anything about it now, but what is everyone else making at this boost? thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
mm your #s do you seem alil low, how was your a/f?? is your autologic chip a mail order or dynoed?? there could be alot to do with your low #s if i were to guess with 10lbs i think you should be seeing close to 400rwhp someone correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
305 Posts
NO.. that is low way low i seem.. i have a friend that has a 01 gt vert and with a procharger... it was making like 390 or something like that, he was running 12.8 1/4.. so i think you need to get your car tuned by a dyno.. get it done right not by mail order.. i hate to see people put chips in their car from a mail order tuner.. offence but me personally i'd go to a dyno where they can play with the numbers and see what works best and not just the normal numbers that seem to be proven.. some cars that come out of the factory are beasts and some are just a joke on the street.. the beasts need jsut the right tuning and the others need all they can get to make it real noticable.. and yes i do have a chip.. dyno chip and never has it failed to prove it self in a 11.8 sec n2o sprayed car.. but i'm starting on a new one and turning it in to a turbo stang..:evil: just my .02 $

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that IS dynotuned.... By Houston Performance. It took about 12 runs on the dyno. I think my air fuel was in the 11s. I thought it was pretty low. anyother ideas

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
not a supercharger expert, but couldn't you up it to 12:1? that would probably make the power you're looking for.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are there any tuners out there that can help me out?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your stock intake can't be helping, and you could probably benefiet from some long tubes. It's only money....right?:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I was looking at Chargers 350rwhp would be the goal with a safe tune.
i would have two suggestions,
1. Would be switching to the chicane or '03 pump that might help fuel delivery and all.
2. Was the fact that the autologic chips only change one bank of values but supposedlly the '02 cars have the settings in all the banks that need to be changed and only the fordchip guys, reinhart, and diablo setups change all the values.

Just some suggestions but I would think you would be happy with 350rwhp.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about going with a different pump, but not sure which one. I've got the Walbro 255 right now. 'm not sure about the chip stuff. I'm pretty retarded when it comes to the programming. I guess i need to do more research.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Well, I think the A/F is a bit rich but not necessarily bad... I am running around 11.5 - 12 on my tune and I am running a 10 psi Pulley but with my Powerpipe I do see around 12psi of boost..
Then the Bullit Intake helped a lot as well.... Plus the intercooler will take away some of the HP...

You could get a more agressive tune but why risk it? Does the car run okay? Are you happy with how it feels and performs?
Don't always go by HP numbers... 350 HP is a lot and having drivability over ultimate HP numbers is a lot more important.

Don't worry about your Walbro pump.. I had mine for 2 years without problems....

If you are not happy the way it runs have it dynotuned by someone that knows these cars.... usually Steve at Houston Performance does a good job, however if it was a mail order chip I am sure he left it a bit rich just to be safe.... There is no replacement for an actual Dynotune..

Tom in Indy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i guess i'll have to live with what i got. It IS A DYNO TUNE. I drove down to Houston and had him tune it there. It took about 12 runs on the dyno for him to get it where it is. i'm happy with it except in 4th gear it starts to either detonate or have spark blow out up top. It has nothing to do with boost b/c i get 10 pounds in 3rd. It only happens in 4th. I think it is a fuel starvation probelm.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
'rilla02 said:
well, i guess i'll have to live with what i got. It IS A DYNO TUNE. I drove down to Houston and had him tune it there. It took about 12 runs on the dyno for him to get it where it is. i'm happy with it except in 4th gear it starts to either detonate or have spark blow out up top. It has nothing to do with boost b/c i get 10 pounds in 3rd. It only happens in 4th. I think it is a fuel starvation probelm.
Hmm, that sounds pretty bad if you have a fuel starvation problem on the top. That could be dangerous as far as the engine going Kaplooey....

I would have that adjusted or checked... I experienced similar problems at one time.. Sparkblowout and slight detonation on top... Turns out it was the Spark Plugs. I ran the NGK TR-6 Sparkplugs and they $ucks big time...... I tried everything....
Changed MAF's and added a Kenne Belle Boost a Spark and nothing helped. Then someone mentioned the Spark Plugs and that the NGK TR-6 plugs really don't work well in our cars...
Sure enough, I swapped plugs to the Motorcraft AWSF 22C and gapped them at .035 and there was no more Sparkblowout or any detonation. Plus I had the car dynoed before and after the Sparkplug change. And just the plugs alone gained me 40HP on the dyno... And all because those damn NGK TR-6 plugs.....

I am not sure what plugs you are running but you may want to check.

The only other thing I can think off is the Fuel pump either hasn't been installed properly or the bucket hasn't been modified the right way. Somehow it may be sucking your bucket dry on the top end and the fuel just isn't there anymore... In that case a swap to the Chicane type fuel pump would be recommended..
Or check with Pete at Fordchip.com He is selling a Chicane type Fuel pump for a very good price...

To be honest. With a Procharger and Intercooler you should be very close to 400 HP, if not above....

Check the plugs.... Then check the fuel pump.... One of them has to be the culprit...

Tom in Indy

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sting said:
any detonation. Plus I had the car dynoed before and after the Sparkplug change. And just the plugs alone gained me 40HP on the dyno... And all because those damn NGK TR-6 plugs.....

Tom in Indy
After I go invest some cash into motorcraft, you mind posting that on multiple ricer forums???:D

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
TheGreenBullitt said:
After I go invest some cash into motorcraft, you mind posting that on multiple ricer forums???:D
Sure thing :D.... But it really is a true story... However you have to keep in mind that the NGK TR-6 spark plugs didn't allow the tuner to get the car much past 5700rpm since it pooped out on top. With the Motorcrafts AWSF 22C there was no problem with spark blowout and they were able to take the car to about 6300rpm and beyond without any problems....

So yes the sparkplug change netted me 40 HP but those ponies were there all along but the bad plugs were preventing the car to reach it's full potential...

But it really was the cheapest mod that gained me the most HP!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"After I go invest some cash into motorcraft, you mind posting that on multiple ricer forums???"

:lol:

I run 764s gapped at 32. I might try the 103s and if that doesn't work i'll go with the chicane pump. Damn, I wanted to hold off spending money right now. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
The Autolite 764's are stock Heat range... Not really recommended for Supercharged applications.
If you can't get a hold of the Motorcrafts I would most definitely try the Autolite 103's At least they are one heat range cooler and will help with the detonation...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sting said:
Sure thing :D.... But it really is a true story...
I don't doubt it at all. In a blower application if you can't rev high and/or are detonating, it's crucial. It's true as can be, so tell motorcraft that and they can have a whooping sales slogan! :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Call larocca's and tell them what your problem is and they can tell you. I called them and told them what my problem was and they told me what to do and it fixed it:D 732-723-1111

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks
i'll give them a call

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dude, For your mods your numbers aren't that bad. I am sure the car could be leaned out a little but then you are risking detonation. IMO better safe than sorry! later Ron

1 - 20 of 40 Posts