Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just a ideal

I Had my Intake off to change the gasket and was thinking of porting and polishing the intake well i have never done it myself but i rememberd that they were not supposed to be baby smooth and got to thinking what the effects would be to get a intake with tubed runners like the GT-40 making them perfectly smooth and riffle boaring i know theres the tornado and similar devices that are designed to acheive the same thing but i think this way would be more efficient since you dont have to slow the air down to get a vortex and it would maintain the swirl all the way to the cylinder maximixing atomization them let me know what you think

·
Registered
29 Posts
SAR Swimmer huh?

hmm, what unit are you with?

Removing anything more than the burrs from casting is not worth it. If you are really serious about it, send it to Extrude Hone.

I'm not sure what your intentions are for your motor, but the hp gains are negligible on the cost-benefit for minor home porting.
Extrude Honing runs a couple of hundred, but it will get you some decent gains.

BTW, I'm a LT now in the USN flying P-3's. I was a SAR swimmer in SH-60B's for 8 years...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasnt going to try it myself i dont make enough money to be experimenting it was just a thought and i have brought it up at some conversations with some big moterheads i know and i was just seeing what some of the stangers on here thought I would try it just to see if i had the tools but i imagine it would be allot of work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts