Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i own a mostly stock 91 gt im shipping out for bct on my 29th when i get out of ait i'm going to put a down payment on a 427 short block from fordstrokers. what I'd like to know is what pistons cam and heads i should run. I was looking at bored 4.040, 22 CC dish pistons, their custom cam looking for rpm band from 2500 to 6500, dart pro 1 cnc 225 heads that say they have 62cc comb chambers 1.6.1 rockers and a edlebrock dual quad intake (which i am dead set on) with a progressive linkage. Im looking for a streetable 450 to the wheels. Does this setup look like it'll make that?
The end game is a caged fun car with a back seat set up with a 427 t-56 magnum and a built nine inch.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why not ask Woody if he is setting up the short block?

·
Registered
904 Posts
^^ What he said

·
Registered
465 Posts
Woody will do all that..... The cam will be a custom gring and it'll be 4.125 bore Dart block. I went with my TW heads to save some money, but when funds allow I'll be going to some TFS 245cc hiports. My pistons were Probe ones that will get me at 10.5:1 compression with the 58cc chambers....

Woody was GREAT to work with.....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
+1 for talking to Woody.

450 rwhp should be pretty simple and if you are looking for the most fun on the street, I would imagine running a long runner intake would give you a mountain of torque through the power band as well.

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So woody since you're now on this thread does my conbo look good? is there any changes you would suggest i want to go with a dual quad to get a nostalgia feel gonna make it look like a classic cobra motor also the reason for the 427 btw 450rwhp is just a number (more would be great just was throwing one out there) plus i'd like to do this once then keep the car and work on other projects I'm not looking for cheap im looking for done right the heads i was looking at are 1500 a piece new idc about price thatll get worked out

·
Registered
99 Posts
Listen to Woody, built me 427 dart, afr205's custom cam prosystem carb all the good internals. Makes 450 to the wheels with ease, never been dynoed but it is a monster in 55 pick-up. my .02

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha not a stock bluck for sure i was looking at whatever the step down from dart's block on woodys site was I know contradictory to my do it right do it light mentallity but i have a fair amount of faith in it due to what ive heard

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
HP is in the head, spend your money up front on as much head as you need to make the number you want.

The displacement under the head will dictate when that HP is achieved, as well as to how flat a curve you can get from a combination.

If you have the bar across the car at seat shoulder height behind the seats, might as well rip the back seat out. Unless you like the thought of killing passengers dumb enough to climb back there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kim is there not a 6 point that follows the body and leaves acceptable room back there?

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Nope, 6 point is going to run two bars down through the back seat back, to hold up the bar, you also have a horizontal bar across the back of the seats.

You can do a 4 pt, and have what you want, but outside a little protection for driver/front seat passenger, a 4 point doesn't meet any sanctioning body's requirement for any additional protection. It also doesn't do anything to strengthen the chasis for better chasis performance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha so i looked arround a bit after that do swing out bars take out the sanctioned bodys blessings if not id go with those Maximum Motorsports looks like they make one that has the swingouts where the rear chassis brace leaves enough room in the seats idk something to consider

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ha so i looked arround a bit after that do swing out bars take out the sanctioned bodys blessings if not id go with those Maximum Motorsports looks like they make one that has the swingouts where the rear chassis brace leaves enough room in the seats idk something to consider
Check out wolf race craft. great fit and offers what you are looking for

1 - 17 of 17 Posts