Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i find this interesting too. just incase some of you dont subscribe to MM&FF they give you an example showing an increase of almost 20ftlb of torque and 10 horespower at 2500 rpms. then it gradually declines to 0 gain at 5200 rpms. now it didnt gain any peak torque or horespower but the gains at 2500 rpms is something i could use on the street.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had never heard of that before. Might be something cool to try if I have to pull plugs for anything. Maybe even a lazy afternoon "cheap upgrade". :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I changed my plugs today and cut the side electrodes on them and i can feel a better push against the seat now compared to the split-fires i had in. I'll test it at the track this weekend to see if i gained any real power from it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
STREETPOWER EFI 331 said:
Thats interesting. So anybody tried it on a mild 302/306 type combo? Real world feedback?
Its worth horsepower, I've seen it with my own eyes on the dyno. Not really something for a street car but on a track only car its worth up to 5rwhp if done right.

·
Banned
6,523 Posts
i use a pair of cutters to cut a mm or 2 off the electrode.. and a small grinder to cut the electrode in a knife shape V.... basically just grind the top so that the bottem is a sharp edge... round off the sharp points...

buy the book 1001 things you need to know about nitrous~!

i wouldnt do this on a NA car. but on nitrous motors it makes a difference

·
Registered
61 Posts
since i was going to replace my plugs and wires anyway, i tried this yesterday. i sidegapped them like in the article Matt90GT posted, and set the gap at .055. i also replaced the motorcraft wires with FMS.
i can feel a difference. i was worried that .055 was too much for my stock ignition and coil, but it runs great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.