Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, the current 2 fastest Mod Motor racers in the country will be squaring off to see whos this years King Of the Hill. It will be the only time these 2 will square off this year as Randy runs Super Street Outlaw, and John runs FFW Mod Motor and the import series.

In an attempt to level the playing field John will be running his new Cougar machine on a 10.5" tire. It's SHM versus TBP, a match race at its finest. Both are expecting ET's in the 7's on a 10.5" tire.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was about to cry foul, considering there would have been a huge weight advantage going to john's mustang..... anyone have any details on this new cougar?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Let's just say that it's a well guarded secret at this time. All I can say is lighter, better aerodynamics, bigger Precision turbo, Lenco transmission, air to water intercooler and blinding yellow. The rest you'll just have to come see for yourself.

·
Registered
177 Posts
don't take this the wrong way but am i to understand that this new cougar is lighter then your red mustang tube chassis car. if so then it has to be way lighter then tbp's mustang....and if thats the case its like apples and oranges isn't it? maybe i am way off here and if so, i apologize. just looking for some clarification, and i can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Haas has had the body for about 2-3 years now. He can send you or build you a Cougar body. Fiberglass or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David99GT said:
don't take this the wrong way but am i to understand that this new cougar is lighter then your red mustang tube chassis car. if so then it has to be way lighter then tbp's mustang....and if thats the case its like apples and oranges isn't it? maybe i am way off here and if so, i apologize. just looking for some clarification, and i can't wait to see the results.
John is still going to weigh about the same or heavier. The air to water intercooler along with a few other things are going to weigh him down. However, John don't race 10.5" tires, and his car isnt setup for a 10.5" tire. Thats a big difference. If you want to see what the difference is or more details about the car, go to the event and see it in person!

·
Registered
249 Posts
SWEET!!! I am definitely going now!!! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Fastest Modular Car in the world Period!!
No offense John but I think John Buscema holds the title for the worlds fastest. 97 cobra 208MPH Silver State Classic. I think the World's Quickest would be probably be the correct term. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you are saying these guys will be quicker than Granetelli's Pro 5.0 Summit car?
I don't even know who Granetelli is? I'm just talking about top speed MPH #'s here...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
hmm

I think John has already bested JR's record and Randy definitely has the power to do it, but his car probably needs more tuning and track time as it's brand-new.

SVTOA when these guys are running 185+ MPH in the 1/4, they definitely have the power to break 208 MPH on top end with a rear gear change. 1200+ rwhp is plenty

·
Registered
299 Posts
J.R.'s Pro 5.0 summit car last year went a best of [email protected] , faster than John in both ET and mph...But thats history as the car was sold, and its now sporting a Pushrod motor in it...Randy built the 5.4 that J.R. used to make that pass, after that he switched to a 4.6 SHM motor and kept blowing them up....So now John is the fastest but Randy is making alot more power :lol:

My money is on Randy :joy:

Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ask Randy who's making more power. And ask him why he's wearing pink underwear under his firesuit.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I will put my money on Randy for a Outlaw race. Since John don't race on 10.5s. Oh yeah will this race be on true 10.5s or Ws?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BlackCobra99Va said:
after that he switched to a 4.6 SHM motor and kept blowing them up....So now John is the fastest but Randy is making alot more power.

Jeff
Smack talk is one thing, but this is not true at all. JR ran a 4.6 for one race only (Mod Shootout). This was the only motor SHM built for him. JR said he hurt the motor, but Randy himself tore it apart and found nothing wrong with it. John has gone 186 MPH, Randy has gone 177 mph. Right now there is a 325 pound difference between what Johns car weighed in at that mph to Randys car. For every one hundred pounds you take off the car you can reduce your ET's 1 tenth, and give or take one mph.

·
Registered
662 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
But thats history as the car was sold, and its now sporting a Pushrod motor in it...
Jeff
Really? Any details... who, where, etc.?

·
Registered
33 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
J.R.'s Pro 5.0 summit car last year went a best of [email protected] , faster than John in both ET and mph...But thats history as the car was sold, and its now sporting a Pushrod motor in it...Randy built the 5.4 that J.R. used to make that pass, after that he switched to a 4.6 SHM motor and kept blowing them up....So now John is the fastest but Randy is making alot more power :lol:

My money is on Randy :joy:

Jeff
Idiots like this should really know what they are talking about before they open there mouths and make them look dumber.

Since Rimjob and Meach (the actual tuners of JR's car, Rimmer and Meachem) are friends of mine...let me quote Rimmer.....

"This M'f#[email protected] is makin some power! It's got my clutch tuneup all F'd up. It doesn't have the torque of the 5.4 but it's makin power up top. I can't get the thing down the track." As evident by JR's blacktracking all the way down the track at Rockingham. THE MOTOR WAS NOT HURT. JR simply has a hidden agenda.

Jeff.... I personally saw the 5.4 grenade more than once. Split in half......kick out rods (That one was still the best at Michigan...LOL).

Not tryin to knock or defend anyone....but the truth needs to be told when people like Jeff babble like this.

Now...that being said....Good luck to Randy,Joe and Dave on there quest to hang with the big boys in the 10" tire freak show. They certainly have their work cut out for them.

SSO Rocks.

:evil: :evil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The two 5.4 motors jr hurt was the big bore motor that split a cylinder wall at Maple Grove and a rod bolt failure at Michigan. That motor still would be ok if he would have left it alone .Instead he tried to run it like that and you saw the results. I still have that chicken winged block at my shop. The 4.6 SHM did for him to run John was to see if the weight reduction would help. At 100 lbs less and a 5 speed . Still did not run as fast as the 5.4 John weighs 2350 and my car weighs 3075. 10 mph difference so far not much when you add some weight. I ran 168 at columbus on 7 cylinders. We found an injector not plugged up repaired it and ran 177 on all 8 cylinders. After blowing the tires off . So John going to put that spare SHM engine in the trunk to make weight hehehe. it doesn't matter what you weigh i'm still going spank that ass! i know it will take two SHM motors to equal the power of 1 TBP motor so you may need to run two of them. And about those pink undies If you would stay off my jock you wouldn't know what color underware i have on. lol later turbo54

1 - 20 of 61 Posts