Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally got my jms chip installed today. i was so excited thinking that all of my idle problems would be solved. so far i have been pretty dissapointed. i have 3 different programs on the chip and none of them really seem to differ as far as drivability goes. my car has actually starting doing things that it didn't do before. after i put my fpr on 2 weeks ago, my car started idleing pretty good. it would only surge on start up and hardly ever would die. well, i was going to walmart tonight, pushed the clutch in, car completely died. it has never done that. it happened quite a few times. i'm wodering if this is something that will get better with time or if i should send the chip back and have jms try another program or something. my idle does hang anymore like it used to, so that is a plus. another thing, which i'm still hoping could fix it is that my instructions say set the FP at 39psi with the line off. well, i did not have access to a gauge today so i just left my FP at 42psi with the line off. i am going to set it at 39 tomorrow, but will 3psi of fuel pressure make that tremendous of a difference? i sure hope so! just wanting to get others experiences and see if anyone had any good advice on how to cure this thing. thanks alot

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Yes 3lbs of fuel pressue can make a difference. Set the FP at 39 and set the timing to where the instructions say and see what happens after that. If your still having problems then send the chip back to Chris for a reburn, he will be willing to help out as much as he can.

Troy

M

·
0 Posts
Trash the chip

I have a blown 351W and I have tried Johnson's chip, Manerio's chip. Trash them all. Get you a pro M conversion harmness and all you computer problems goes away. Now my stang has mega balls and never a hiccup.Idles perfect I run [email protected] . This kit comes with a 89 computer and will out perform all chips and give you fuel mileage too, as long as you stay off the gas

M

·
0 Posts
Trash the chip

I have a blown 351W and I have tried Johnson's chip, Manerio's chip. I even had it custom done on a dyno. The best I got was 12.73 @ 166. Trash them all. Get you a pro M conversion harmness and all you computer problems goes away. Now my stang has mega balls and never a hiccup. Idles perfect I run [email protected] . This kit comes with a 89 computer and will out perform all chips. It's the only way with a 94/95 computer

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've already bought the chip, and i'd like to make it work. i'm going to set the FP tomorrow and see what that does for me. i called chris today and he told me to drive the car a couple of days and flip through the different programs and see if that helps. i want this thing to be perfect, is that possible? i don't want it to surge at all or die at all. i'm not sure if that is attainable though. i was just wanting to see if there was anything else i could tweak now that the chip is installed that may help out. thanks alot,

·
Registered
388 Posts
JMS Chip

I also have a JMS Chip. When I first installed it, my car idled really good. I could drive it anywhere. After about 5 or 6 times starting it, it didn't want to start anymore and if it did, it would die right away. I was told by many people that after you install a chip, it takes the car a little while to adjust to the new settings. So I would go and start the car every night for a week or so, and after doing this for that week, it ran great and I never had any more trouble. I would call Chris and see what he thinks, but you might want to give this a try.

Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've had the same experience with my JMS chip. I have to say the guys at JMS have been real helpful running through all the checks to make sure my car had all the correct adjustments. Talk to Monty, he is real helpful. I ended up taking my car apart again about a week after I got the chip, so I sent it back for a re-burn to accomadate the turbo.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had one with pretty good success. Make sure you follow the install directions:

Make sure you clear KAM..disconnect battery for 20 mins and do the idle reset found here on corral.

Have everything clean and yes the fp will make an impact. What s your combo?

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
JMS hit it perfectly with my buddies 95GT (heads, cam, intake car). We followed the instructions plugged in the chip and everything went perfect from there on out, and that was two years ago.

Troy

·
Registered
795 Posts
I got a JMS chip and it solved 95 percent of my problems.. (mostly idle related) Going to send it back when i do a few things this spring and get a reburn to take care of a issue or two that is left.

BigT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts