Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started testing kits on the 2005 GT the last few weeks.
First we tried just replacing the intake system and no way. As many know they will go crazy lean with out a tune. The new MAF set up is totally different.
For this kit I (JLT) teamed up with local tuning experts Dyno Tuned Performance www.DTPRacing.com for tuning with the SCT Excalibrator.

So the only way to mod these cars is to tune for the mod. So we went back on the dyno for a day of testing and found great results. 39 RWHP and 35 RWTQ Same day, before and after.
We picked up major power across the board and keep the A/F very safe. Even slightly richer then stock. This makes it safe to mail order and leaves tons of room for the customer to play with on a local dyno.
Dyno graph:

The JLT replaces the whole induction system from the TB to the filter.
Not JUST and filter and adaptor
It will also have a heat shield for the exhaust.(not in pic) There is a ton of open area on these cars so at speed (even low speed)heat isn't a issue.

To check repeatability, we just tested another 2005 GT today. This was a automatic. We loaded the same tune as before and installed the JLT CAI.
Results were right on.
Dyno graph:

Again A/F' were stock or richer. Very safe!!

This will be available in the next week or so and pricing has been set at $575 for the JLT/DTP "Powerpack" This includes the SCT Excaibrator with custom DTP tune for the JLT and the complete JLT induction system in black, color upgrade is $25 extra. Only a couple have combo kits like this for the 2005, all are MUCH more $ and only give you a filter and adaptor. They still use the stock, restrictive intake hose. I alos don't know of any performing gains like these and repeating them. That's the important thing!!!

Next up is the 2004 F-150.

Thanks
Jay Tucker
JLT Performance
www.jlttruecoldair.com
757 335 1940

·
Registered
969 Posts
39rwhp & 35rwtq with just a cold air kit and tune? Dyno sheets or not....I find it hard to believe. I watched Chris Johnson of SCT tune an 05 with a cold air kit, underdrive pulleys and an XCalibrator and the car made 26rwhp more. The factory intake kit isn't any more restrictive than you kit and I doubt DTP is better at tuning them than Chris.
What else was done to this car?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I thank you for the opinion of yours.
First off, I'm not a lier, swindler or anything you are insinuating. I have hundreds of very happy customers and have a very good reputation with the Cobra,MACH I,Marauder and GT crowd. Look around.

Just because you saw Chris do one thing, with different products doesn't mean this is wrong.
Before you speak, please look at the stock pipe and see how much more open and smooth the JLT is. Most other kits for this car are a filter and MAF adaptor. The stock pipe is dwarfed by the JLT pipe and has many bends in it.
Steeda claims 26 rwhp from there kit and a tune, so replacing the complete intake and a better tune gained me 13 more hp. Not hard to do or believe.

I can assure you the results are real and we have 2 more GT's coming in next week that will be getting the same package.

Also, coming into a vendors thread for the sole porpose of bashing isn't something the moderators allow here.

So, please prove me wrong, don't just throw out your uneducated opnion, because that's what it is-- opnion!

·
Registered
969 Posts
First off I didn't call you a liar or anything of the sort. I simply stated my opinion. I have seen your other kits, and they are high quality. I didn't come in here to bash you or your company. I simply think there is a piece of the puzzle missing here and want more info. I don't appreciate the uneducated comment, you don't know me or my background, that is the type of comment / personal attack the moderators don't like.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Ok guys, keep it civil. Please?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right, I don't know you or your background, so I take back the un educated part.
The way I read the post your leading on that I'm not telling or hiding something and that's simply not the case.
2 bone stock cars with only the tuner kits on them. Both before and afters done on the same day with no other changes. This is fact!

I just read a thread about PHP gaining 24 RWHP from headers only. So gaining power on these cars isn't out of the realm of possability.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think that was my thought, did these cars have aftermarket exhaust etc. I could see the additional power with exhaust. I also saw some info on the later production 05's having updated heads on them. I apologize if you took my post as a bash. That is the unfortunate thing about typed conversation.

Ok guys, keep it civil. Please?
We are civil....just a little mis-understanding in wording. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good. I had talked to the people at [email protected] and they indeed told me that just by replacing the factory tubing to the throttle body, they gained 7 horsepower to the wheels. I have been waiting for a kit like this that replaced the whole intake tube not just the intake box.

·
Registered
423 Posts
BTW tucker i am very pleased with the kit i bought from you last week for my 01. but i do have a question will i have any future fitment problems if i trim the rubber going to the throttle body to make it sit lower under the hood?

·
Registered
66 Posts
How much for the CAI and e-mail tune, I already have an Xcalibrator?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Satin Silver 05 said:
How much for the CAI and e-mail tune, I already have an Xcalibrator?
I will discuss how to get you the tune with DTP today, but pricing will be $225 in black and $250 in color. That is for the JLT kit and the tune.
I will find out wheather you send in the tuner and we load it or if we can send a CD or Email file.

BTW, we did 2 more 05's on Friday with very close results. I will get the graphs soon, but they were in the 35/31 range.
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was set on the c&l and diablo tunner
now after reading this I am ready to switch?
is a heatshield shipping with your new cai?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tx05gt said:
i was set on the c&l and diablo tunner
now after reading this I am ready to switch?
is a heatshield shipping with your new cai?
I have a shield in the works, but it might be a few weeks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tucker,
I would like to know how the tune can be sent. My birthday is comming up and I have asked the wife for your CAI. I cant see sending my Xcalibrator to you though when I have the cable to connect it to my computer and the software, the tunes are small files and can easily be sent via email. also is it available in satin silver?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Here's what we decided we can do.
We can send the tune on CD with the JLT. You will need the SCT cable to connect your SCT to your PC. We also have these at $45.
We can (as before) accept your SCT and load the tune for you.
So here's the break down:
SCT Xcalibrator W/ DTP custom Tune & JLT CAI $575 (color add $25)
CD W/ DTP custom tune & JLT CAI $225 (color add $25)
Cable if needed $45.
Thanks and I do have Silver.
Jay

I will need your computer code found on the right side of the engine bay.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Aluminum is a "Super Conductor" Meaning is is the worst of the metals as far as heat soak and fastest to transfere that heat to the incoming air. It may produce gains on the dyno cold, but do another run after 1/2-1 hour or city driving. :lol:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Ya know, you're right. I forgot that this was the Advertiser showcase and not the general tech area. I've decided to remove my previous post. I hope it didn't cost you any business.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts