Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
victor Jr's and rocker stud girles...

What a piss off. My motor is pretty much done. Go to slap my comp rocker stud girlde on and it wont fit...odd. Part number is correct. Call edelbrock next day and they inform me that the comp one doesnt fit and they dont know who makes one that does fit. I call comp and they inform me that there girdle only fits performers, world heads, GT 40, and so on. Seriosuly what is up with this. Chances are people running heads like that dont need a fuggin rocker stud girdle.

Anyway, i found out that probe aka coast high perfromance (CHP) makes one that fits victor jr heads. Just wondering what everyone else is running? I mean most guys with victor jrs and solid roller cams must be running one...so what are you guys using? or is everyone using shaft mount rockers?

·
Registered
220 Posts
GIrdle probems?

Are you running comp's rockers also? If so, i would make sure to check clearances on them agianst the retainers. I tried these rockers on my JR's and a big solid cam, and couldnt use them. I ended up going with a T & D rocker shaft setup and never regreeted it. If you would like a pic, let me know and I can email it to you.
Ron B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts