Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
LOL! :rofl: I know! The way people around here talk, you'd think they're ALL running 6s in the quarter on drag radials! ;)
that what I was thinking. Who cant run 7s on a drag radial? :rofl::rofl:
I know Isn't it Kind of funny! But heck, who can blame them for thinking that! They all look at their Hero's that race NMRA/NMCA and SMALL tire stock suspension and X275 races around the country and say " hey my combo is very similar to that, 7's Oh Yes some day"

Really Lets take a look at it:

Jason Lee, 360 CI, High port headed F1r, 275, combo 7.54 @ 182 (ET record)
Sean Lyons, 342 CI, AFR 225 headed, 88mm turbo, 275 7.63 @ 188 (MPH record)
Trace Meyer, 360 CI High ports F1r, 275 7.87 @ 178 (last years 275 record)
26 X 8.5 5.11 *Record* ( WOW talk putting suspension to the test hooking over 1200hp on a 26 X 8.5 WOW :rofl:)
Bob Kurgan, 360 CI, Ford Z heads, YSI blower , 28x10 7.88 @ 176 ( Xtream street record)
Junior Southwell, 360 CI, High ports F2, 7.32 @ 198 (But on a 315 hardly a small tire) but still the fastest 302 based pro charged combo in the country!
Chris Tuten 358 CI, Victor headed, 98mm turbo, 28 X 10.5 7.07 @ 202 (ET record First MAN in history to go over 200 in SSO trim and on a 28" tire!!)

Look at those combos Nothing exotic no BIG power adders all small Cubic inch (Now this is the part where I could do some colorful advertising Post Bright blue HYPER LINKS and say But there is one common denominator in all of their STELLAR performances Team Z motorsports ) Wink Wink nudge nudge :rofl::rofl::rofl: But I won't it would be Just to obvious :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The M/T is not a street tire!
The BFG was much closer to a street tire.
I dont have any desire to own a 7 second car.
Reality is running 7s on a 275 or bigger "drag radial " isnt what it was and not pushing the envelope like it was 7 years ago. I dont think they are even close to thier full potential.

Now if the OP was meant to be ironic or funny ?? Sorry dont get the humor...
Senseless would be closer to accurate, kind of like "big Drag Radial" to "street tire".

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Chris Evans - UPR
Steve Jackson - UPR
David Wolfe - Wolfe Racecraft
Kevin Fiscus - Chris Alston's Chassisworks

^^some of the most successful DR racers in the country. Fiscus is THE fastest.

The M/T is not a street tire!
According to the United States Department of Transportation, it is! :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Chris Evans - UPR
Steve Jackson - UPR

Are you sure about some of those Names you've mentioned??:leghump:

·
Registered
405 Posts
i don't think chris evans has upr last time i seen it running And let me tell ya a BFG and and a Mickey are day and night differnce of a radial Its hard to to hook a 350 horse factory stocker on a bfg except for that car Dave z been working on lol:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Chris Evans - UPR
Steve Jackson - UPR

OH yeah btw according to dot a 28x13.5x15 et street bias tire is a street tire too i bet a lot a people can run fast on them street tires:salute:

·
Registered
763 Posts
The guy that bought Wolfes car is Willard Kinzer and he is on a mission to go over 200 mph and he will do it in this one.I am fairly certain that Patrick Barnhill will tune the car as he tunes he tunes his other TWO Turbo Corvettes ONE bigblock ONE smallblock and his Procharged Cobalt. Willard lives in the same town as myself and you couldnt believe he is 83 years old.

·
US Army Retired
5,320 Posts
Cool car, don't care much for advertisement stuff by the op. I don't know much about other than it has upr suspension under it and you should too. Puh-leze

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
First off congrats to you Jeremy!! Also Dave is one of the top guys that can set up a suspension. I have both UPR and Team Z on my car so I'm not taking sides. btw I think this thread belongs on the bullet. not Corral lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah Dave I am sure.

I welded the bars for Jackson, and Evans has run our stuff for years.

Love ya! xoxo

You wanna impress me--its easy

Get Jason Lee to switch Wolfe's old car to your stuff, I might even wear a Team Z hat if that happens, plus it will cover up my bald spot.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yeah Dave I am sure.

Love ya! xoxo

Get Jason Lee to switch Wolfe's old car to your stuff, I might even wear a Team Z hat if that happens, plus it will cover up my bald spot.
---dont forget about c. little lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah Dave I am sure.

Love ya! xoxo

Stress causes bald spots!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts